pictures

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
will two things one is the handy tip for the week. you have one of those work stools you want to put a set of hood bumpers on one side of them to keep from scaring up the side of your car.

the other is how pictures lie. been doing the 67 and we have gotten up to the top. now I saw this car a couple of time even took pictures of it before it was offered to me so I knew just what I was getting in to on it. but those of you that have just see a pictures or two might not have notices the hail damage.

that was some big hail to damage the body as they used heavy steel then GM. but to make dents in the lead seam that's big stuff.

got the top striped off today and we have started the repair up there.

Attachments

• IMG_4892.jpg
    IMG_4892.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 471
  • IMG_4905.jpg
    IMG_4905.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 460
  • IMG_4915.jpg
    IMG_4915.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 460
Been a long time for me to work any lead. The last time I did that was a 63 GTO in the mid 80s. I'm going to try to work them out in the hood with the paintless tools if nothing else it will be good practice. There can't be more the 3 or 4 hundred dents in it.

ED. Try the old wive's tale that never works--let it sit out in the hot Texas sun, put an ice cube in the dent and it will pop right out!

ED. Try the old wive's tale that never works--let it sit out in the hot Texas sun, put an ice cube in the dent and it will pop right out!

I ain't going to Texas soon and not when it hot. which is all the time. unless the wind blows. spent a year in Beeville in 1970. that was enough. she looks like this today. the ice will work on some as will the torch. but as I did now want to pull the headliner and its only got up to 49 today we filled them in front and ignored them in back. the wrinkle paint should hide the rear ones.

we would have primed the gutters but had not converted the rust yet. it take a over night to do. tomorrow is to be the Chang over and Tuesday high is some were in the single digits. so I took the opportunity to toss the door open and prime as much as I could.

Attachments

• IMG_4930.jpg
    IMG_4930.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_4931.jpg
    IMG_4931.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_4932.jpg
    IMG_4932.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 354
Good Work

Looks really good ! I'm anxious to see how the wrinkle paint goes on and like others, knowing exactly what you used and how you did it. Yes, I know there are many references to wrinkle paint elsewhere in these pages but I still want to see it all :) Thank you Ed !

Dave :applause:

the last two I did came out will. the only source I have found is the Maserati engine paint. I trust they are still selling it.

Back