Ambulance Service in Lucas, Kansas

In my search for history on my coach, I was told it may have spent at least part of its life in service as an ambulance in the 70's but it is unknown if it was an ambulance service, rescue squad or funeral home.
There is no current Google info of a private ambulance service in this town of 407 people.
Does anyone here have any knowlege of Lucas, KS in that era?

Thanx

Lucas, Ks

JR,
If you go to Google and ask for Lucas, Kansas a lot of info will come up. They do have a website. An email or phone call may help in your quest for info on the possible history of your coach. Try it and see what you find.
Good luck,
Mike

JR,
I am very familiar with Lucas, Kansas where they are famous for the "Garden of Eden". There is a Funeral Home there, the Roderick-Minear Funeral Home. Back in the 60's it was the Minear Funeral Home. My guess is the ambulance service was ran out of the Funeral Home, as was 95% of the others in small towns across the state. In 1965, Mr. Minear worked part time on a road construction job there for my dad running an asphalt roller. When he got a death call, he would leave the job for 4 or 5 days till the funeral was over, then come back to work again.

When the wierd old guy died that constructed the "Garden of Eden", Mr. Minear embalmed him with a special solution and placed him in a concrete casket with a viewing glass, and to this day you can go in and view him at this strange place.

Look it up on the internet, it's famous......

I live about 100 miles from Lucas.

I contacted the Lucas Chamber of Commerce thru their website and was put in contact with Dee Minear-Durham, daughter of Ralph "Tiny" Minear and former owner herself. She informed me "I’m sorry but that vehicle was never Rodrick – Minear’s. My dad had a funeral coach and he used a station wagon for an ambulance."
And so the curiosity remains.

Back