PA28 is in and the Interceptor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked the Lifeliner up today and the PA28 is in and working fine. Now the hardest thing for me not to do will be depressing the button. Also got the Federal Interceptor installed but man is it loud. Not sure if the gain is supposed to control volume but if so, it does not work. Thanks to Ed for the pictures of how he installed his and directions from all. Paul helped with the Interceptor wiring, thanks. Also a big THANK YOU to Jeremy, LeeAnn, and Danny for their donation of the PA28.

Video to come.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kccU3Qy5dGY[/ame]

Jun17001.jpg

Jun17002.jpg

Jun17003.jpg

Jun17004.jpg

Not sure if the gain is supposed to control volume but if so, it does not work."
Richard,
I believe you will find the gain volume control is just for the PA function.

Not to be picky.....

You siren is a "Model 28". The "PA" sirens were electronic. This is just a Federal model 28 mechanical siren.:eek:

Not sure if the gain is supposed to control volume but if so, it does not work."
Richard,
I believe you will find the gain volume control is just for the PA function.

You're right, gain does not control siren volume but PA volume only. I checked the manual Paul emailed me to verify. Thanks.

Model 28

The Model 28 is supposed to be turned around the other way so there is 5% more decibles towards oncoming trafffic. ONLY KIDDING!!!.... looks great. You are pretty close to not having anything else to do on it..... then what? MM

The Model 28 is supposed to be turned around the other way so there is 5% more decibles towards oncoming trafffic. ONLY KIDDING!!!.... looks great. You are pretty close to not having anything else to do on it..... then what? MM

Paint baby paint. Getting lower doors repainted again due to rust bubbles but come 2010, it will be getting a GOOD paint job. Goes in next week for a new headliner in the drivers area.

The only way to permanently resolve the bottom of the door rust bubble issue is to cut out the lower half of the door skin, and have it surgically replaced. It is caused by the 3 layers of the metal trapping dirt and moisture between the layers and then rusting starts. Once it is properly repaired, it can be rustproofed, and it shouldn't be a problem again during your lifetime. Rust repair by rust experts isn't cheap. If you decide that you want to go this route, then I suggest the people at Autorust in R.I. They have cars shipped to them from all over the US just to have the rust repairs done properly. Then ship it to Ed to paint.

the 100 needs to go to. no since in two pa's and electronic sirens in the car.with neither wired to the horn blow. you could put the toggle switch next to the push button and then be able to toggle the 28 from the push button to the horn rim. or you could wire the 20 that way. kind of hard to drive and push all those different switches to. that was why most mechanical ones were foot operated.

And the Motorola T1300A will look good in my collection when it arrives.:) Now I just need a car to put it in.:(

On it's way Mike, same for Paul's radio head. The design of the 100 fits that area so well and with the amp mounted on the floor gives it a, "Gee look at all that stuff" in there. I have a tachograph to mount but having a hard time finding a location for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back