Shipping the 1958 Miller Meteor from Idaho to PA

I originally had a uShip auction up but after asking on the NHAA forums and some reflection, I decided to try Martin Rousseau. He (through Deb) called me back and I gave them my information.

After about 2 days and not hearing anything back, I called Martin and he answered. He said he wouldn't be taking on any new jobs here for a while because he is going to Europe for an emergency. He said Deb had my info and was looking for other shippers.

After a day or so, and not hearing anything back, I emailed Deb again to see if there was any update. She said she was still looking for a shipper. That was about 3 or 4 days ago now, and I am not getting any updates or anything.

I am open to suggestions. I am not in a hurry, but I'de like to know if I have a chance through them or whats going on without asking the same question every 2 days.

There was a local business that I tried that ships "Internationally, Overseas all over the US, etc..." he got back to me and told me to post it on readyshipusa.com. which was kind of deflating, but I did so anyway. So now I have that up waiting for shippers to contact me.

Uou need to get a Hemmings Motor News and begin to make your own calls for prices/arrangements. Also simply search on line and make calls. Takes some time but you are doing your own research and not placing the burden on a third party. I have done this in shipping many vehicles/etc., and satisfied myself each time. Just a thought.

Try Mark Baker. He does the same thing that Martin does. One car at a time. He can be reached at 480.352.1576.

I originally had a uShip auction up but after asking on the NHAA forums and some reflection, I decided to try Martin Rousseau. He (through Deb) called me back and I gave them my information.

After about 2 days and not hearing anything back, I called Martin and he answered. He said he wouldn't be taking on any new jobs here for a while because he is going to Europe for an emergency. He said Deb had my info and was looking for other shippers.

After a day or so, and not hearing anything back, I emailed Deb again to see if there was any update. She said she was still looking for a shipper. That was about 3 or 4 days ago now, and I am not getting any updates or anything.

I am open to suggestions. I am not in a hurry, but I'de like to know if I have a chance through them or whats going on without asking the same question every 2 days.

There was a local business that I tried that ships "Internationally, Overseas all over the US, etc..." he got back to me and told me to post it on readyshipusa.com. which was kind of deflating, but I did so anyway. So now I have that up waiting for shippers to contact me.

Rich: Based on a recommendation from Bill Marcy a few years ago we have used 4 Corners Transportation, LLC a number of times for long distance-cross country transportation of several cop cars and fire engines (ALL) with positive results. Ask for JEFF at (360) 882-2584 or via E-Mail at
info@fourcornerstransportservices.com
www.fourcornerstransportservices.com
Good Luck! MM

I have had good success with 4 Corners for the most part. however, recently they could not get a car picked up in Clovis, Ca for me. The day after I sold it, they had a trucker who could have moved it. But, they are nice people and hopefully they can get your 58 moved quickly.

BTW, congratulations on your purchase! Art Gregory had lots of money, time and anxiety invested in it. Hopefully, you will have much better luck with it.

Huh? One of Art from Boise's Cars????

Did Art sell his cars? Where was I? I was wondering what ever became of Art as I have not seen or heard of him since the fateful New Jersey International Meet

Did Art sell his cars? Where was I? I was wondering what ever became of Art as I have not seen or heard of him since the fateful New Jersey International Meet

Yes Ron, Art sold his 1966 Miller Meteor about two years ago. If I am correct, the 66 is now a beautiful dark green with a white top.

Pro Car Transporter

Try RAM Transport:

5640 Groveport Rd.
Groveport, OH 43125
(614) 491-7001

Ask for Shaun

They are a broker who also runs a few trucks. They have moved several vehicles for me from Timbuktu to Nowhereville within a fairly short timeframe and at a "medium" price. Never a problem.

Be sure to have the dimensions and weight available. A running vehicle (why would I buy one of those...) costs less to ship with them than a non-op.

Not sure how the rates are, but they have never had a car fall off...

Attachments

• car mover.jpg
    car mover.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 371
I hope those cars were already wrecked

I don't see any other damage....Someone's insurance will be cancelled over this one.

Chances are they are new and flood loses taken back by manufacturer to be crushed under their supervision so they can not be repaired and sold. Back in the 70s we had a new car transporter trailer and were hired by an insurance company we did business with to haul 26 new Cadillacs from a flooded dealership in Scranton Pa. to Simon Eastern Scrap in Reading Pa. General Motors reps were on hand to record each VIN number put on visible on the car and photograph it being crushed.

You ought to see the "car haulers" transporting cars in the back of UHaul or Penske rental trucks, going down I-95 and eventually to Central America. Wow.

Steve is right,
I go down to Ensenada once a year for some sport fishing and you can see "used" cars on the small lots with plates still on them from Ohio,Michigan,and even Mississippi !!
For the most part they are fairly new cars (2-3 year models)...3 years ago one of my fishing buddies stopped to look at a Corvette Pace Car.....it had a paper dealer license plate that said Lansing Michigan on it...it clearly had been in a flood....but was for sale for 58,000 pesos roughly $4500.00 US.
When asked about the car,the salesman said it belonged to a Dr who traded it in !! After we told him it was "too much" he quickly said "Today only,20,000 pesos"..... Hmmmmmm:confused::cool::cool:

Interesting picture, Paul. You gotta wonder, with the door windows open like that to accommodate the straps, what kind of damage could be done to the vehicle's interiors if they encountered and were driving through a heavy rain storm? Who would cover the water damages in such a case? Inquiring minds wish to know.

Interesting picture, Paul. You gotta wonder, with the door windows open like that to accommodate the straps, what kind of damage could be done to the vehicle's interiors if they encountered and were driving through a heavy rain storm? Who would cover the water damages in such a case? Inquiring minds wish to know.
If Pete is correct (and it certainly seems likely), if they are flood damaged or otherwise already totalled, and the tops of the doors are already folded down by the straps, then who cares if the interior gets wet? :rolleyes:

In the Sandy flood in New Jersey I saw a picture of new Yellow Crown Victoria Taxis in the flood ONLY UP TO THE FLOOR. They never showed up for sale at any insurance salvage sale. Boy would I have liked to have gotton a few of them sadly I am sure Ford crushed them. Trust me if those BMWs were wet BMW would not want them on the street so crush em. Truly a wonder there was not three more on top strapped down likewise.

When I asked him when he first dropped his PCS membership, he said that his daytime job, along with his teaching position were taking up most of his time. I personally believe that since he didn't have any mechanical ability, and had to rely on shops to do the work, it was taking a financial toll also. Add to that the fact that a lot of the reproduction parts that he purchased and kept in the car went missing, was enough to "break the camels back". I know that he loved the cars, and the hobby. Sometimes, people have to take some time off from the cars, and clear the slate, and they will come back into the hobby at a later date. I hope that we see Art back in the hobby when he is ready.

Back