were is the rear door.

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
I'll start a new thread here and just point out some thing I have been woundering ever since the vido was posted on the other thread. were is the rear door on the ambulance. this if a scan of a full page blow up from a life mag I have here from 63. it has to be rigth off the film from the live feed of the event. did they remove the door?? why can't you see the top of it?? even if the crowd of people were in front of it you should be able to see some of the open door. the vido shows them opening the door and you never see them close it as they go to Jackie getting in. next it's pulling away with the door closed. it's a mystrey to me how it disapears then reapears. any one have any Ida. in this clip at some were around 357 you see it closing. like it was open at 90 dec to the side. never seen on do that before.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULZnq7eAKqY&feature=related[/ame]

Attachments

• 1963 loading s.jpg
    1963 loading s.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 323
  • 1962 door closing.JPG
    1962 door closing.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 319
Watch it again and follow this object:

jfkedsdoor.jpg

Maybe Barret Jackson will be selling a 1963 Ambulance at the next auction called the "Magic Door Car". It will have a complete pile of paperwork showing it's complete history that dates back at least 3 weeks.

I think

I think there is a conspiracy here. Hide the door, find the door and win a prize.
Have we found out what the new owner of the auction car is telling for a history on it?
Mike

Last edited:
took me a long time of watching to see. but it does show just how distorted the long range lens has things. those people that look like they are standing right next to the car are at least 10 ft away. when you watch the video you see the movement and you swear there brushing the car. but the car pulls up there are about 3 or 4 people that must have hitched a ride out to the plane and are riding on the rear bumper. it backs up the door opens a sailor gets out and it moves back more. then you see the door closing. it's live but due to the angle and distance you loose the door which we know only opens out as far as the taillight and sticks up from the opening. here are the shots I grabbed

Attachments

• 1963 1 amb ariving.jpg
    1963 1 amb ariving.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 202
  • 1963 2 door opening.jpg
    1963 2 door opening.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 187
  • 1963 3 door closing.jpg
    1963 3 door closing.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 190
also in the still photo I up loaded look how distorted the rear of the car looks.
if you only had that shot you would not say the cars being discussed were the same body style. it looks way different at that angle with that lens.

What I want to know is...why did the navy send a nurse in the passanger seat of the car, and a man (not in any uniform) driving, who was taken out of the drivers seat and another man got in? This is just more of the Secret Service attempt to control everything. Maybe the Secret Service changed the numbers on the car. It doesn't make sense, but not much else they did that day makes sense either.

Navy personnel would drive the ambulance to the air field, but once there, it would be taken over by the Secret Service. As for the nurse, she / he probably was part of the ambulance crew, and would go with the ambulance whenever it left to pick someone up. Remember, they might not have told the Navy driver anything more that to report to the air field. As for the Secret Service altering the car number, I doubt that they even had time to think about this. Had they thought about the car number, then they would have blocked it out completely.

What I want to know is...why did the navy send a nurse in the passanger seat of the car, and a man (not in any uniform) driving, who was taken out of the drivers seat and another man got in? This is just more of the Secret Service attempt to control everything. Maybe the Secret Service changed the numbers on the car. It doesn't make sense, but not much else they did that day makes sense either.

as you watch the video you see a navy enlisted man driving the car up. the Nurse riding shot gun. as soon as the people and coffin were loaded the SS took over the car. left he other people there. same as they did in Tx with the Hearse

Navy personnel would drive the ambulance to the air field, but once there, it would be taken over by the Secret Service. As for the nurse, she / he probably was part of the ambulance crew, and would go with the ambulance whenever it left to pick someone up. Remember, they might not have told the Navy driver anything more that to report to the air field. As for the Secret Service altering the car number, I doubt that they even had time to think about this. Had they thought about the car number, then they would have blocked it out completely.

In the days before paramedics and modern EMS services, most military base ambulances were operated by the base clinics, hospitals and medical departments. Staffing was typically two corpsmen and a nurse.

Back