Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Go Back   Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. > Professional Car Discussion > 2015 PCS International Meet

2015 PCS International Meet For postings directly related to the 2015International Meet. All others will be deleted.

Old 06-02-2015, 12:54 PM
PCS Elected Director 2016 - 2018

Thanked 14,295 Times in 6,025 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

we do have to drift a little more to the less prickly side. just where do you think all the pictures in the meet magazine come from. the dedicated people like mr Steve and Steve. it's nice to know just how much work you need to get done at the meet and still have a little time for talking with friends. as one who judges at the meet it nice to know if you're going to get time to enjoy the cars or barely get them judged before the banquet. the meet host had a big job to do but there are a number of people that make sure that the meet is recorded and reported on most of us don't even think of. me I just can't help but wonder just how does Greg managed to pick the spots for the run by shots in a area he has never been to? a simple question on numbers of the meet doesn't mean that someone is trying to tank the meet. only that someone is interested in just how many car are registered so far. there interested because they are going. don't invent things that are not there. no matter where you hold the meet some one is unhappy with location, date, events ,starting date meeting times. but by far the vast majority of people going are willing to go with the flow and enjoy the selves in a place they have never been and would most likely not get it if it were not for the PCS meet being there. were i agree with Patrick statements i think we need to get around the someone is trying to tank my meet that I have see every meet since my first on in Denver. may I really enjoyed getting together there and like Rick just putting faces on people you only know by name. your first meet is your best meet. car count and what your doing is second just being there makes it special. I have only missed 2 meets since then but none was for car count just things life tosses at you. now me I have been to texas didn't think i would visit again but to get together with this group I'll do about anything I can to just get togather.
Old 06-02-2015, 02:42 PM
PCS Member

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick J. Martin View Post
With all due respect to everyone, I think those of you who seem to be hung up on the car count are missing the point of a PCS meet. Sure a big part of PCS meets are seeing the cars, and especially seeing any cars that the club hasn't seen before. To suggest otherwise would be naïve and incorrect. But I'm of the opinion that seeing cars are only 50% of a PCS meet. The other 50%, and I might be tempted to argue the more important 50%, is being able to visit with the people who make up this club. As clichéd as it sometimes sounds, seeing old friends and making new ones is really what any club is ultimately about. Once a car shows up in the parking lot and we ooh and ahh over it, it then remains the same car for the rest of the week. But the social interaction with dozens if not hundreds of other people who share this admittedly unusual interest of ours, is what keeps the meet enjoyable all week long and tends to be what puts the biggest smile on my face and tends to be what I remember the most after a meet concludes.

To Robert L. Koryciak personally, as a past meet host myself, you have my sincere "thank you" and "congratulations" on taking on the job you have and in formulating what sounds to be a most enjoyable event. Don't let the faceless social media morons get you down. Every meet has had its naysayers, and there's just no convincing some people that PCS has its standards. Some people just don't understand that PCS isn't interested in being the quantity club, we're interested in being the quality club. There were even online complainers about my simple chapter picnic held last weekend. That's a big reason why I'm not Facebook, and have no desire to get on it. Its much too easy for faceless know-it-all cowards to throw out barbs and insults from the anonymity of their keyboard while not lifting a finger in the real world to actually do anything. I'm of the thinking that a friend is someone who I actually get together with, not a thumbnail photo who I've never met. I figure I have enough real life problems to deal with without letting social media add more depression into my life.

Robert, I have every confidence that Houston will be a wonderful time and a great meet. Do not let what may be perceived as a small car count or small attendance count shake your faith in the quality of your meet. Any meet that is held in a geographically extreme location of the country or away from major population centers will naturally be subject to its more remote location than the locations of the more populated meets. That's just a simple fact of life and not a reflection on the meet itself. To my way of thinking, the success of a meet is not measured in attendance figures, or in car counts, or in a profit or loss statement. What makes a meet successful is if at the 2016 meet, the 2017 meet, the 2018 meet, and so on, when the subject of past meets comes up in conversation, and "Houston" gets mentioned, if the memory causes the person to smile and remember it fondly, then you had a successful meet.
Thank You for putting this whole event into perspective. I honestly feel this will be a very memorable and talked about event. I have knowledge of some special plans that Bob is making that will help to make it that way! I am sure that he will be able to announce special events by this weekend! But, I will let Bob do that when he is able to finalize them! Being new to PCS, I am not aware how often PCS has participated in the motorcade such as the one planned. I do know that receiving venue in Huntsville, TX, is excited about having PCS and they have made and offered multiple exceptions to what is the "Norm" in that town and have made every effort to make us welcome to their town.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to William Koryciak For This Useful Post:
Patrick J. Martin (06-02-2015), Richard Vyse (06-02-2015)
Old 06-02-2015, 04:19 PM
PCS Member

Thank You also John for your post and I will be looking forward to meeting all of you from across the country!
Old 06-02-2015, 05:41 PM
PCS Member

Default Weather update 2015 pcs

I am attached a photograph of downtown Houston it was taken yesterday by my brother Bob. As you can see, it is bright, clear and beautiful with not a cloud in the sky, and we don't expect that the water levels to exceed the 5th floor on any these buildings! Seriously though, for the next eight days the chances of rain is listed at only 10%, with temperatures in the low 90s and in the sky being predominantly clear. On Saturday and Sunday, they indicate a 40% chance of some rain because of scattered thunderstorms. The temperature will still be in the low to mid 90s.
Y'all come down to Houston (that didn't come out right because I said it with a Yankee accent!), we will be looking forward to seeing you all!
Attached Images

Last edited by William Koryciak; 06-02-2015 at 05:46 PM. Reason: repeated words - misspelling
The Following User Says Thank You to William Koryciak For This Useful Post:
Richard Vyse (06-03-2015)
Old 06-03-2015, 02:07 AM
PCS Member

Default PCS 2015 Houston

Everyone!

If you want to go on the George Ranch/Battleship Trip - reserve you seat by Thursday nite. I have to confirm meal/ numbers on Friday, so it includes the Cowboy Chuckwagon lunch, I also need numbers because I am just at the point, I have a bus full, and need to decide if I have to keep or cancel bus #2.

After deadline:

If there is extra seats, you may go, but you will have to pay the bus and admission yourself, and most likely, have to eat lunch at the snack bar, not the Chuckwagon!
Old 06-03-2015, 03:03 AM
PCS Member

Thanked 5,672 Times in 2,096 Posts
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

Regrettably I can't make it this year. I know I will miss a fantastic PCS meet !

From talking with Bob over the last year or so I know he has put a lot of hard work into this meet and the tours offered are incredible.

I was looking forward to this meet for a couple years and had wanted to see that museum for a long time now. Please take lots of photos of everything in the museum, not just the cars !

It is the first meet in a very long time I will not be at but I know everyone will have a blast. How can you not have a amazing time with friends and procars ?

I will be looking for photos as everyone who can't make the event will be.

Enjoy the event to the fullest and I know Bob should get an award for his efforts even before this meet happens !

All the best to everyone and safe travels,
Darren

1960 Cadillac S/S Victoria 3way Hearse
1960 Cadillac MM Futura Hearse
1962 Cadillac MM Landau Hearse
1962 Cadillac MM Futura Hearse
1973 Cadillac Superior 3way Hearse
The Following User Says Thank You to Darren Bedford For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2015, 09:16 AM
Mark Goodwin - Deceased 1950 - 2016 Mark Goodwin - Deceased 1950 - 2016 is offline
November 29, 1950 - January 16, 2016

Default Take lots of pictures

Yes, as Darren said take lots of pictures for those of us not able to make that international meet. We live vicariously through your pictures and updates.

Have a great time and yes the rest of us will be saying wish we were there!
Old 06-03-2015, 11:03 AM
PCS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Bedford View Post
Regrettably I can't make it this year. I know I will miss a fantastic PCS meet !

From talking with Bob over the last year or so I know he has put a lot of hard work into this meet and the tours offered are incredible.

I was looking forward to this meet for a couple years and had wanted to see that museum for a long time now. Please take lots of photos of everything in the museum, not just the cars !

It is the first meet in a very long time I will not be at but I know everyone will have a blast. How can you not have a amazing time with friends and procars ?

I will be looking for photos as everyone who can't make the event will be.

Enjoy the event to the fullest and I know Bob should get an award for his efforts even before this meet happens !

All the best to everyone and safe travels,
Darren

Sorry to hear that. I was looking forward to meeting you. Next time, buddy!
The Following User Says Thank You to Noah Dorsey For This Useful Post:
Darren Bedford (06-03-2015)
Old 06-04-2015, 12:43 PM
PCS Member

Talking "houston..., we have no problem!"

Bob Koryciak asked me to post these photographs. These are taken in downtown Houston on the Sabine St. Bridge (Oldest bridge in Texas) near the epicenter of the downtown flood at Buffolo Bayou. The bridge was covered in debris but obviously is very clean now!
The first shot is a 1968 M&M Combination is the pride & Joy of GEORGE CANTU of FRASER AMBULANCE BUILDERS. This Beautiful Red 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air National Ambulance is owned by GREG GRAVES of Manvel Texas. We will be looking forward to seeing them up close in Houston June 9th thru the 13th!
Attached Images

Last edited by William Koryciak; 06-04-2015 at 12:46 PM. Reason: wanted title in caps
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to William Koryciak For This Useful Post:
Danny Ryder (06-04-2015), Joe Melanson (06-05-2015), John ED Renstrom (06-04-2015), Mark Goodwin - Deceased 1950 - 2016 (06-05-2015), Noah Dorsey (06-04-2015), Peter Grave (06-04-2015), Richard Vyse (06-04-2015), Rocky Pollard (06-07-2015), Steve Lichtman (06-07-2015), Tim Prieur (06-04-2015)
Old 06-06-2015, 09:11 PM
PCS Life Member / PCS Publicity Chairman / PCS Elected Director

Groans: 1

OOOH! I could have used these Houston skyline photos for the preview press kits had you parked pro-cars on that bridge a few months ago. Count on me to hit you up for any high-res versions you might have for post-show coverage. Though I'm doubtful its pro-cars can be gotten quickly out the door for exterior shots, I CAN vouch the Funeral Service Museum is astounding, having spent several hours inside it during my last Houston trip in 2008. My visit took place the day AFTER my Aunt Liz's funeral, which obviously struck my Uncle Norman (now dearly departed also) as an odd place to go. That this month's opportunity to visit is coming seven years after the last one likely validates my decision! What's always intriguing about Houston in general is how much it grows between visits, especially as there's no terrain or even zoning to limit the sprawl. Even the 20-year-old Houston road maps in my collection are useless beyond the downtown loop - the Sam Houston Parkway where our host Hyatt is situated was just a dashed line labeled PROPOSED - while my 1950s New York region maps have still-recognizable routes and I had no trouble using mid-1970s Chicago road maps for my 2013 trip to PCS Milwaukee until current ones could be purchased.