Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Go Back   Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. > Professional Car Discussion > 2015 PCS International Meet - Houston Texas

2015 PCS International Meet - Houston Texas For postings directly related to the 2015International Meet. All others will be deleted.

Old 05-28-2015, 10:46 PM
PCS Member - Elected Director 2017-2020

Thanked 14,524 Times in 6,153 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

I gather now we are officially in a El Nino year. that means wet threw the central states. we went from 2 inches low to 2 above normal in this month and it's not letting up. me I just glad it rain not snow. so if bob will let everyone know that our places are above water and we can get to them it will help in making plans. we are leaving early to run the grub line down, hate to get there only to find it's a no go. I swore in 69 when I left there I had not lost anything worth going back for. I was hoping to be proven wrong.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:05 AM
PCS Life Member/PCS Elected Director 2016-2018

Thanked 1,496 Times in 442 Posts
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post

I heard from Robert tonight and he is pleased to inform us that the hotel and all of the meet venues are looking great. See you all soon!

Sarah
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sarah Snook For This Useful Post:
Nicos Elias (06-04-2015), Noah Dorsey (05-29-2015)
Old 05-29-2015, 10:22 AM
PCS Member

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am excited about making the trip to Houston for the first time in 24 years! I know many are discouraged about the amount of registered vehicles, I am sure the weather has a significant effect on the decision of many to attend the show. We have some fantastic support from the National Funeral Directors Museum and several other business owners that want to have a successful event. I know that my brother Bob has put his heart and soul into this event since accepting the task of setting this meet up in October of 2014. I know of no other individual that has more knowledge of the greater Houston area then Bob (who has worked in Houston as a Firefighter, Paramedic & Arson investigator for 35 years), and several historical and interesting related venues have been confirmed and their owners and staff are enthusiastic about the PCS International Meet.

If any member has any short term Ideas to encourage a larger response (in spite of the weather problems), please respond to Bob or Sara! SEE YOU IN HOUSTON!

As far as individuals, particularly in the East Texas area that have that have posted negative comments about the Houston PCS Meet on associated sites..., I will put my brothers honesty, integrity and dedication to the success of this event up against any person on the planet. If an individual has a problem with the event, venues or activities..., I suggest they keep their mouth shut and get off their ass and participate in the process to further promote the success of this event!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to William Koryciak For This Useful Post:
John ED Renstrom (05-29-2015), Noah Dorsey (05-29-2015), Patrick J. Martin (05-30-2015)
Old 05-29-2015, 10:35 AM
Website Member

Thanked 7,190 Times in 2,365 Posts
Groaned at 13 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Koryciak View Post
I am excited about making the trip to Houston for the first time in 24 years! I know many are discouraged about the amount of registered vehicles, I am sure the weather has a significant effect on the decision of many to attend the show. We have some fantastic support from the National Funeral Directors Museum and several other business owners that want to have a successful event. I know that my brother Bob has put his heart and soul into this event since accepting the task of setting this meet up in October of 2014. I know of no other individual that has more knowledge of the greater Houston area then Bob (who has worked in Houston as a Firefighter, Paramedic & Arson investigator for 35 years), and several historical and interesting related venues have been confirmed and their owners and staff are enthusiastic about the PCS International Meet.

If any member has any short term Ideas to encourage a larger response (in spite of the weather problems), please respond to Bob or Sara! SEE YOU IN HOUSTON!

As far as individuals, particularly in the East Texas area that have that have posted negative comments about the Houston PCS Meet on associated sites..., I will put my brothers honesty, integrity and dedication to the success of this event up against any person on the planet. If an individual has a problem with the event, venues or activities..., I suggest they keep their mouth shut and get off their ass and participate in the process to further promote the success of this event!
I can tell you as one who hosted a PCS event it takes a ton of work and I appreciate any and all efforts and confident the meet will be a success. Do we have a committed car count as of now?
Old 05-29-2015, 12:32 PM
PCS Member - Elected Director 2017-2020

Thanked 14,524 Times in 6,153 Posts
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

all we need to know is go or no go. if it's still one we are going
Noah Dorsey (05-29-2015)
Old 05-29-2015, 02:15 PM
PCS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Vyse View Post
I can tell you as one who hosted a PCS event it takes a ton of work and I appreciate any and all efforts and confident the meet will be a success. Do we have a committed car count as of now?

I do not know the actual numbers as of today. Bob is making a check of the venues today and plans to post an update tonight.
Old 05-29-2015, 02:36 PM
PCS Member

I, for one, am going rain or shine! I'm sorry that I won't be able to bring my coach all the way from Portland, but I DO plan to bring some 1:18 scale models to show off. including one of my custom Henney Juniors. I encourage anyone who CAN bring their cars, please do!!! You have a family of 3 here that can't wait to see them! And really, I have said since the beginning, even if the cars at the National Museum of Funeral History are the only ones we see, this will still be a great meet (but seriously, bring your cars!!!) =)
The Following User Says Thank You to Noah Dorsey For This Useful Post:
Richard Vyse (05-29-2015)
Old 05-29-2015, 02:51 PM
PCS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Koryciak View Post

Have all the funeral homes in Houston and surrounding cities been notified of the event? Perhaps we could send out a complimentary magazine (ideally the one showing last year's meet in Rochester) and notice to them? It would be great outreach to gain new club members and attract some more cars to the show.
Old 05-29-2015, 06:02 PM
PCS Member

Smile PCS Houston 2015

EVERYONE!!!!

ALL VENUES UP AND RUNNING IN HOUSTON, SEE NO ISSUES WITH WEATHER OR ROADWAYS THAT WILL AFFECT THE MEET! ( THIS IS TEXAS! IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE WEATHER-WAIT A FEW MINUTES - IT WILL CHANGE!)

I HAVE BEEN CONTACTED BY THIS WEEK BY A GENTLEMAN FROM SAN JUAN MEXICO WHO IS PLANNING TO COME TO THE MEET AND JOIN! HE IS PICKING UP A MODEL "T" FUNERAL COACH IN GALVESTON TO BRING TO THE SHOW. SEVERAL OTHERS HAVE CONTACTED ME TODAY, EXPRESSING THEIR INTENT TO BRING LOCAL VEHICLES, INCLUDING DOWNS FUNERAL HOME IN MARSHAL TEXAS, BRINGING A 1988 CUSTOM BUILD BUICK COACH FROM CANADA. WHEN I CHECKED THE GEORGE RANCH REGARDING DAMAGE (NO HISTORIC BUILDINGS DAMAGED!) YESTERDAY, THEY HAVE A HORSE DRAWN FUNERAL COACH IN THERE COLLECTION.

I HAVE A 1963 CHRYSLER/PINTER AMBULANCE COMING FROM SAN ANTONIO BY MR. STUDER, HE SAID THE OWNER OF THE COMPANY (PINTER) WILL BE HERE!

I CANNOT EMPHASIZE ENOUGH OR MEMBERS TO GET REGISTERED, THEN GIVE ME A CALL TO LET ME KNOW WHAT VEHICLES ARE ATTENDING! OUR MAJOR ROAD TRIP IS THURSDAY TO HUNTSVILLE-NEED TO KNOW WHAT CARS ARE MAKING THE TRIP! CITY OF HUNTSVILLE-WALKER COUNTY IS EXPECTING US! WE WILL HAVE AN AWESOME MEET IN HOUSTON, Y'ALL COME ON! IT'S "GO TIME!"

ANY QUESTIONS- CALL ME ANYTIME (DAY-NITE) AT 281-382-9800.

2015 PCS INTERNATIONAL MEET - HOUSTON
LOCAL COORDINATOR
ROBERT L. KORYCIAK
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Robert L. Koryciak For This Useful Post:
Jack Pinner - Deceased - 1942 - 2016 (05-30-2015), Noah Dorsey (05-29-2015), Richard Vyse (05-29-2015), Steve Lichtman (05-29-2015)
Old 05-29-2015, 10:16 PM
PCS Member

Smile PCS Houston 2015

Weather Issues!

SCI offices along Buffalo Bayou got basement and parking decks flooded. They are not near the Hotel or Museum, or any other venue! They are just west of Downtown 2 miles in an area that got 9 inches of rain in 4-5 hours!

The media does not get the message out as far as the river flooding, all rivers are around Houston, not through Houston! The rivers --San Jacinto -North and East -20 miles -- Brazos/Colorado/San Bernard Rivers are northwest and southwest of Houston -30 miles or more! They are subject to rainfall upstream, but "HOUSTON - WE DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM!" at this time!

Remember how the media hype caused Houston to evacuate Hurricane Ike - we had 60 people killed in evacuation-with only 5 from storm!

We are good! At this time, there is no area from Arizona to Ohio that is immune to summer storms drive by the Jet Stream!

Robert L. Koryciak
PCS Houston Local Coordinator
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robert L. Koryciak For This Useful Post:
Noah Dorsey (05-29-2015), Steve Lichtman (05-29-2015)