55 Superior VIN location

I have a friend looking at buying a 55 Superior in Canada and importing it to Australia, but he needs to make sure that the vin on the car match the title for the import paperwork. Apparently the current owner of the car cannot locate the VIN on the car and is telling him that the body tag is the vin #. Does anyone have a 55 Superior Cadillac that they could check their VIN location? Thanks in advance.

It is on a plastic piece that is screwed to the left inside windshield pillar (near where the rubber door seal would contact), and can be seen when you open the drivers door. Many times they have broken and fallen off. The only other place is somewhere on the frame, but usually they are next to impossible to find, and are usually rusted beyond recognition. Unless he has some of the original paper work from when the car was new, there is no way to find the serial number of the vehicle. The other GM brands used a stainless steel plate that was welded to the body.

The VIN on the frame is located on the top surface jut behind where the brace for the front crossmember meets the framerail on the passenger side. Might also check if that matches the number on the passenger side of the engine block in front of the cylinder head

9574240246_ed5f2a1cd6.jpg

9571443491_b7da0c002a.jpg

Thank you for all of the great tips. Steve said that he registered with the website this morning and was waiting for approval. I assume that he will chime in on this thread once he is approved.

service with a smile ;). don't forget that the car may be titled with the superior number and not the GM one. some places they used the finale manufactures number not the GM one. I have had them both ways in SD.

Back