1976 M-M Lifeliner $2500 OREGON

NJ Dorsey

I Went and looked at this 76 Miller-Meteor Lifeliner yesterday in Independence Oregon. The owner was talking about possibly scrapping it. I sure would love to see someone here restore it, too rusty for me however...the bottoms of all the doors and fenders were rusted through. Seemed fairly complete/original with the exception of the inside door panels. Had 78K miles- supposedly could be running...you know how that goes... Anyways, he seemed flexible on the price. Here's the ad where I found it:

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/gms/5031607417.html

Owners number is: 503-999-0790 (posted with permission)

What a shame to see an old Rolls Royce (this too of course) rotting away! Maybe that should be my next car purchase. So many are neglected like the one next to this Lifeliner, that one day, they'll be really rare :rolleyes:

Very cool looking, I love the rear woodgrain cabinetry. Unfortunately can't open up a farm for wayward ambulances or the wife would kill me.

Mr. Dorsey - If the gentleman sadly does choose to scrap it - there's interior parts I could use for my Cotner-Bevington (Hanging stretcher hardware for starters). I called the gentleman to ask if I could leave my phone number in case he decides to do so, that I'd be interested in buying them. He said he's either selling or scrapping it whole. :confused: Maybe someone local might be more persuasive if that latter possibility comes...

Very cool looking, I love the rear woodgrain cabinetry. Unfortunately can't open up a farm for wayward ambulances or the wife would kill me.

Mr. Dorsey - If the gentleman sadly does choose to scrap it - there's interior parts I could use for my Cotner-Bevington (Hanging stretcher hardware for starters). I called the gentleman to ask if I could leave my phone number in case he decides to do so, that I'd be interested in buying them. He said he's either selling or scrapping it whole. :confused: Maybe someone local might be more persuasive if that latter possibility comes...

That's a shame, I suggested parting it to him in case it did come down to scrapping it. I told him the lights, cabinet and linoleum were all worth something. So I hope he reconsiders if someone doesn't want it whole.

Oh yeah, me too =) Thought maybe you were trying to track down something specific to a particular ambulance service or another related car to this one.

Back