'61 Buick Flxette

Does this have the windshield tilt like my 63 or was that 62 thru 64? Thanks

Attachments

• DSC00361.jpg
    DSC00361.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 130
Wow, what's it been, 10 years now of this car being passed around? I wish someone would make a decent offer and save this car. This is the one that was for sale forever in Michigan, that I think I have known about since before I knew about the PCS...

Referencing the picture of the serial plate, according to the Flxible production and delivery record book that Tom McPherson has, this car was sold to the Strunk Funeral Home of Mifflenburg, Pennsylvania by Spitler S&S Sales of Montoursville, Pennsylvania. It was a 1961 Flxible Flxette Landaulet funeral car (FB620L-61) body number 1193 and delivered to Strunk on July 15, 1961. It had/has motor #4H-1051853.

Daniel - Unfortunately no. The '61s use an entirely different windshield from your '63. However, I believe that the '61 and '62 models shared the same windshield with a slightly different installation for '62.

Wow, what's it been, 10 years now of this car being passed around? I wish someone would make a decent offer and save this car. This is the one that was for sale forever in Michigan, that I think I have known about since before I knew about the PCS...

Based on Tom's information, this is a different coach.

It would be strange if there were two of them the first time I saw this car they were selling it off e-bay on the west coast then it popped up in mig now here. I did not save any numbers off the car so other than appearance I can't prove it. But here it is from the first add. Just a little more weathering added to it

Attachments

• 1961 flexable flexet.jpg
    1961 flexable flexet.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 93

Based on Tom's information, this is a different coach.

Its the same car, body #1193. Its been discussed many times. It was in Michigan for sale for quite some time, someone has obviously purchased it and dragged it to Pennsylvania. Ad even says it still has a Michigan title.

Back