Rear Bumper For 1968 Superior Pontiac

Here is a picture of a 1961 Catalina... close, but not the same. Note where the back up lights are placed on this bumper (mid point between the top and bottom of the bumper, under the tail lamp assembly. On Bills car, the back up lights are located close to the bottom of the bumper.

b-pontiac-catalina-421-920-8.jpg
http://postimg.org/image/6qaga6fv1/

To this, I have contacted the company through ebay and via a direct email., with pictures of mine Hopefully, it will be resolved to our satisfaction.

Take a look at the 1967-1968 Pontiac full size wagon bumpers, I think they might be what you are looking for.

Bill told me that he had checked that, and that it wasn't a wagon bumper. I just went looking for a picture of a 1968 wagon bumper, and guess what......... You are correct!!

costigan_cat_5.jpg

I could not find wagon pictures in my search yep sure is a wagon. Makes more sense too why in 68 would Superior use a 61 bumper? That was strange I thought at the time. I think the wagon bumper may be hard to find.

I know where there are a few of them, but they are all attached to some very expensive cars.....:D

We now have an additional choice..... a 1967 Pontiac Coupe and Sedan rear bumper....

Attachments

• 1967 pontiac.jpg
    1967 pontiac.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 139
To this, I have contacted the company through ebay and via a direct email., with pictures of mine Hopefully, it will be resolved to our satisfaction.

We build excitement! Pontiac!

I am quite certain that this has been proven to be something other than a 1961 rear bumper. Now, you can decide between a 1967 Coupe , sedan, Station Wagon, or a 1968 station wagon........ Decisions, decisions........ :confused::confused::confused:

Take note 67 is FLAT all the way across the top side to side whereas the 68 wagon is flat across top till the ends where it kicks up just a little at the ends. Similar to the 61 but NOT the same. Bills rig for my money has the 68 wagon bumper.

They use Corvair rear tail lights I dont know what they used for bumper, for sure this is the same bumper on my '67.

Here is a close up of an original bumper split on a 1966 Superior High Top Pontiac. Different.

This is quite an interesting scenario, to say the least. I got to googling different years and GM models earlier today and made the same realization, it is a 68 Pontiac wagon bumper, damn! The problem is that it has to be from a six passenger wagon, because a nine passenger wagon has the little step cutout. Hopefully I can find one, or someone who will repair and re-chrome my bumper.

For obvious reasons, I needed to cancel my order of the bumper, but I did not know how that would work out. But, I must say, D & R Chrome in Texas was very gracious about everything. They canceled the order and refunded my PayPal account immediately. The people were very nice about it, too. I would not hesitate to recommend them. Hats off to D & R Chrome!

Back