WTB COMPLETE bullet lights......

James Fischer

PCS Member
I am looking for a complete set of bullet lights for the BACK of the 70 Superior Rescuer.....

I would be really happy to find any information as to part numbers,size and what a good price to pay would be.....

I am sure that there will be some difficulty in obtaining a set,however the more knowledge I can arm myself with for a potential purchase would be really great....in other words if I find a set on the EBay or such I will know a "fair" price....

Thank you for the help....

Jim

I have a pair, even though one is set for a different angle than the other. I believe that they can be trimmed.

Attachments

• MVC-010L.jpg
    MVC-010L.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 227
  • MVC-009L.jpg
    MVC-009L.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 224
  • MVC-007L.jpg
    MVC-007L.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 219
  • MVC-008L.jpg
    MVC-008L.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 222
Paul,

What's the # in the other light? I see the one that reads 361647. I have a bunch of these. Perhaps we can come up with a set?

Jim

Paul,

What's the # in the other light? I see the one that reads 361647. I have a bunch of these. Perhaps we can come up with a set?

Jim

Paul,
Does the other bullet housing have a number ??
Just curious,perhaps like Jim says a correct pair could be put together.....
I am not familier with the numbers Jim posted,and you would know better then me....
Thank you...

paul,
does the other bullet housing have a number ??
Just curious,perhaps like jim says a correct pair could be put together.....
I am not familier with the numbers jim posted,and you would know better then me....
Thank you...

of course one is guessing that the numbers mean anything more then casting lots. these were cast then trim to ft to the car it was going on. fronts are flat rears have a tapper to them. the spots you have take a ring like a spot light. same as the ditch lights I sent you. what has happened to them is some one pulled the ring up to high getting it off and broke the slot off. you can make a new slot out of tin fastened to the inside. rings and keepers are available from unity. you want to send those light out to me I'll fix them for you.

of course one is guessing that the numbers mean anything more then casting lots. these were cast then trim to ft to the car it was going on. fronts are flat rears have a tapper to them. the spots you have take a ring like a spot light. same as the ditch lights I sent you. what has happened to them is some one pulled the ring up to high getting it off and broke the slot off. you can make a new slot out of tin fastened to the inside. rings and keepers are available from unity. you want to send those light out to me I'll fix them for you.

Ed,
Thanks for the evaluation.....So you are saying the ditch light rings I have on the 72 should fit on the housings ??
I will give it a shot.....
I may take you up on your offer.....!!:3some:
Also,I think you have me mixed up with another member......You never sent me any ditch lights.....but if you want to I will give you my address !!:specool:

maybe so. I'm in the here after stage and suffering from CRS. the light should interchange from front to rear on this car. the housing will be different. they should be the same as the ditch lights on most of the cars. they only made two styles of rings one snaps around the housing and bulb. it holds on by tightening the ring at the bottom as it goes over the casting in the housing.
then there is your style were the bulb is held into the ring with wire clips and the tab hangs on the top of the housing the screw on the bottom goes into the housing. there are some different sizes but by the 70's they were all the small headlight size.

but you can change them to the bullet style also. it's just a matter of rotating the angle ring till it sits straight on your back side. sniping off the socket and wiring in the pig tale on the single bulb. you could put a spade on the pig tale and push it into the hot wire on the socket also. there are pictures of cars out there with any combination of lights offered by superior. but trust me on this with the sockets wired in place your car had sealed beams front and rear from superior.

maybe so. I'm in the here after stage and suffering from CRS. the light should interchange from front to rear on this car. the housing will be different. they should be the same as the ditch lights on most of the cars. they only made two styles of rings one snaps around the housing and bulb. it holds on by tightening the ring at the bottom as it goes over the casting in the housing.
then there is your style were the bulb is held into the ring with wire clips and the tab hangs on the top of the housing the screw on the bottom goes into the housing. there are some different sizes but by the 70's they were all the small headlight size.

Ed
okay I did some checking and fitting......My ditch light ring will NOT fit the housing,it fits around but the ends dont meet to tighten screw....

As far as the housing it measures 63/8 OD and 51/2 ID..there is a screw at the top holding in a clip which I will post a picture of....then there are 3 holes at aprx 1,4 and 8 o'clock..........and they look to be factory as they are in the SAME position on all 3 housings........
Also posted picture of screw and clip from TOP of housing.

I took the front rings and tried them on the back ...but same thing will not close with bottom screw......
Also the front rings have the Superior logo and reads "B-1"....

I am thinking that the backs take a thicker and slightly larger ring....then what I have tried.....

let me know your thoughts.....thanks again !!

newreply.php

newreply.php

newreply.php

Attachments

• DSCN2008.jpg
    DSCN2008.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 89
  • DSCN2009.jpg
    DSCN2009.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCN2005.jpg
    DSCN2005.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCN2006.jpg
    DSCN2006.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 91
show me the bottom of the ring and all of it from the back side. the screw clip goes were? tab on the back of the ring on the top? trust me I never said I have seen them all. but it it goes together like I'm think it would not fit flush

show me the bottom of the ring and all of it from the back side. the screw clip goes were? tab on the back of the ring on the top? trust me I never said I have seen them all. but it it goes together like I'm think it would not fit flush

Ed,
The screw clip is on top inside of the housing and screwed on with the screw from the top outside the housing.....

The bottom of the ring is just like the pictures that Bruce B posted earlier in this thread.......its just a long screw about 21/2 long......but with the ring on I cant even get the screw to catch there is such a distance.....
There is nothing else on the ring.....nothing to "attach" it to the housing....and yet nothing seems to broken or damaged....:pat:

You can see the screw holes that are in the housing....they are quite small...
are there rings that have 4 screw mounts ??

so your saying the J nut holds it self to the housing with a screw and nothing else? that the screw on the bottom of the ring is a pincher you back the screw out to open the ring up and close it to pinch it on the housing. the housing should have raised lip all around to catch that on and the bulb should set in the housing not in the ring in that case. from what I'm seeing it looks like some one has done the mix and match kind of thing. the screw should hold the tab that the ring locks into onto the housing. the ring should be one piece and the screw will go threw it into the hole drilled on the lower edge of the housing. the bulb would then be held into it with the wire clips. here are the pictures I'm thinking you have one housing and one ring. these are the only style I have seen on a ambulance minor variation but similar. these are steel housing but they go on the same way.

now it's possible to put the black ring on the chrome housing and you might be able to get a wire or two in to keep the bulb from rattling around but that won't make it right. I'll try to hit the up load feature this time with the pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_7203.jpg
    IMG_7203.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_7204.jpg
    IMG_7204.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_7207.jpg
    IMG_7207.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_7209.JPG
    IMG_7209.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_7211.jpg
    IMG_7211.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 69
I incorrectly posted this in the Ful-Vue post. Here's everything I have in bullet-lights if anyone wants to make an offer. All lens are intact & serviceable.
IMG_8383.jpg

so your saying the J nut holds it self to the housing with a screw and nothing else? that the screw on the bottom of the ring is a pincher you back the screw out to open the ring up and close it to pinch it on the housing. the housing should have raised lip all around to catch that on and the bulb should set in the housing not in the ring in that case. from what I'm seeing it looks like some one has done the mix and match kind of thing. the screw should hold the tab that the ring locks into onto the housing. the ring should be one piece and the screw will go threw it into the hole drilled on the lower edge of the housing. the bulb would then be held into it with the wire clips. here are the pictures I'm thinking you have one housing and one ring. these are the only style I have seen on a ambulance minor variation but similar. these are steel housing but they go on the same way.

Yes..the j nut is held on with the single screw from above...and yes the bottom of the ring has the pincher screw..the housing does have a slight raised lip......
I have taken a Unity S-6 trim ring and put the bulb inside with a couple of clips.....it does fit into the housing...I will secure the ring with a screw at the bottom and drill a new hole at the top of the ring and screw it into the housing......I dont know what the other holes in the housing were for..and I am not going to worry about the tab that does not seem to be there anymore.....
SO all I will have to do is get a couple of Unity S-6 trim rings and some clips....and there just happens to be a Fire equipt and memrobilia show at the fire hall next Saturday...so maybe I can score some parts there.....
So I think we can put this to rest....whew,,,,,,:bonk:

Now I am looking for the stainless strip that sits on top of the rear quarter panel that runs from the tail light to the door.....just sits on top of the panel.....any suggestions....

Thank you again for the help and the pictures you took of the lamps....you sure go out of the way to help a guy.....but it IS MUCH APPRECIATED !!:893USA-Smilie-thumb

Back