Federal Siren/Light combo

Federal Siren/Light Combo

John Ed and others; I am trying to correlate what I see on the outside with what I see on the inside cab, how does the Beacon Ray attach?

picture.php

When you remove the 3 screws in the chrome base, the base will lift off. Be careful to not disturb the dome, since it is held on by the chrome base. Sometimes, the dome will lift along with the base, and they can be removed as a unit, but many times, they will separate in your hand, so you need to be careful not to drop the pieces. The first time, you should have a helper, until you are familiar with the process. Once the dome and chrome base are removed, you will see the mechanical works are held on by 3 nuts that are screwed down to 3 threaded rods or studs. Remove those 3 nuts, and lift the works (bulbs, motor, and motor base) and on the underside, you will see that there is a power wire that is also held on with a nut. Remove this nut, and the power wire. Once that is done, you can pass the "works" off to your helper. The studs are actually toggle bolts and you will be able to reuse them after you surgically remove the box from the roof. Their attachment will be self evident at that point of removal. Reverse the procedure to reinstall on the roof at a later date. John ED Renstrom can supply you will the drilling template for reinstallation.

just as Paul said. here are some pictures to go with it. just reverse it as this is a instlation

Attachments

• IMG_4264.jpg
    IMG_4264.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_4265.jpg
    IMG_4265.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_4266.jpg
    IMG_4266.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_4267.jpg
    IMG_4267.jpg