thanks mike

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
I received the copy of the old cars weekly for Jan 12 in the mail today. the feature car is indeed my old 72 high top ex DOD ambulance. I thought I had passed on to Steve were it served. it saw duty in Duluth Mn. were it was purchased from the DOD at surplus buy a man to use as stand by for his dirt track just north of the cities. he put about 160 miles on the car the 10 years he owned it. I bought it from a man north of the cities from a add in car trader magazine. the owners widow was selling it threw him. it only had 19000. on it then. when I sold it it had 24000 on it. my buddy Doug and I went to get it in December 99, years before I had joined the PCS. i remember the towing problems we had. all most did not get the car home. then when I got home I discovered that the name on the title and the name on the bill of sale were different. luckily for me as I left the courthouse I found the original owner in the parking lot and he could sign the title over right then and there. how lucky that was. I gave Steve the magnetic signs with the red cross Had I done it again I would have made up the stars and had the crosses done in the decals. the original place for the crosses were were the stars are I see he has decided to display the car with both. I know were the crosses went because I sanded them off when I repainted the car. I just could not redo the orange strip as it was when I got it so that was modified a little also the radio and antenna I put in the car. the antenna is were the original one was located. the interior in the car was the cb blue and they had died it in the plant the required green. it was set up for 2 cots. no hangers. with a h bottle and piped in O2 and plumed manifold vacuum. all I had to do in the interior was clean up we painted it a frost white in urethane. it was originally the standard creamy caddy white. I got 2 place in Denver my first PCS meet with it. drove the car to stay central one year. it was a nice car just found I was not driving it all. so let it go. it is one I would take back.

here is the spread on the articular and a picture of the car that day after I go it home

Attachments

• 2017-1-17 artical in old cars weekly.jpg
    2017-1-17 artical in old cars weekly.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 146
  • 0008.jpg
    0008.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 147
  • 0001.jpg
    0001.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 144
Back