what is better

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
in the context of the spliced trim. what do you do with a molding that is damaged and now available to you. now if it a high dollar car you get the mold made and you cast it out of coin medal. but that is kind of expensive for the average car. what i did was get my friendly Dentist to make a cast out of the impression material. we could them cast it out of the all medal filler and paint it. so the question is what is better if you can't find one this or this

Attachments

• b_154220.jpg
    b_154220.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 200
  • b_154334.jpg
    b_154334.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 197
in the context of the spliced trim. what do you do with a molding that is damaged and now available to you. now if it a high dollar car you get the mold made and you cast it out of coin medal. but that is kind of expensive for the average car. what i did was get my friendly Dentist to make a cast out of the impression material. we could them cast it out of the all medal filler and paint it. so the question is what is better if you can't find one this or this

Damn man, that is great!

Who charges more for their "expertise".. the dentist, or the jeweler? Remember, I was the one that told you about using coin silver to make the new script. I prefer the one that the jeweler would make, because there is little to no chance of it breaking.

Will this mold was free and I could not find a jeweler with in 60 miles. But the mold was not of a material that you could cast hot things into. Now we could have found a harder material like the jb weld or just used straight rosen .but the product in hand was what we had. The superior tag was I believe cast out of aluminium. They did a nice job on them but I was looking for a one time casting not looking to go into the business of selling a molding used one year on a hand full of cars. I might have 5 bucks in the set. And once you got onto doing them, about 2 hr in each. Now if we were around one of our modelers there is that material that they make the chrome trim out of that covering them that way would offer a lot better appearance. But I have no ida how difficult a task that would be or just how that would weather.mean time i have a set of 5 footer moldings till I can locate at least one more pot metal one.

Jean-Mark was the man that had the superior tag cast. these are one piece casting but the ones superior made are a two piece casting. I believe he still has some from that run He did

Back