1994 Cadillac Masterpiece distroyed

1994 Cadillac Masterpiece distroyed a travesty This is a hearse that was professionally customized for the purpose of giving tours in a historic district. The rear compartment fiberglass roof was cut open and three rows of custom bench seats were installed to allow tour passengers a clear 360 degree view of the sights along the tour route. Also installed were blue LED lights along the open roof line on both sides to give passengers an eerie blue glow at night, and a microphone in the front with a speaker in the back to allow the front passenger to give guests a narrated tour. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-Cadil...b:g:5agAAOSw~o5bRA2-&vxp=mtr&autorefresh=true

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 165
Cheap car,so not a lot of money invested in the business attempt. Kind of like shrines parade rigs. But look at all the usable parts there.

or a man with a need. if you had a need for this 4 g for a running all ready modified car would be cheap. my deeds would have been different so no interest.

Reminds me of what some evil SOB did to a dozen or so Greyhounds in the DC swamp back in the 60s. Cut the roof completely off the coaches at the window line, just behind the driver, and sent them out giving open air tours of the swamp.

Technology back then was a bit lacking so the driver wore a horse collar microphone and announced the tour as he drove along right up to the point the shifter rods gnarled up between stick shift and transmission. Admittedly I took a certain joy in watching those contraptions towed back to the shop.

Similar stunt was done with old bread delivery trucks in Atlantic City in the same era.

There is always somebody with a brilliant idea to make a buck that involves destruction of something they can't rebuild.

this one would be a easy enough rebuild if you had a rusty one to get the missing top section from and the necessary interior pieces. but at the price it sold for it would not be practical.

I'll be watching for it to see if it turns up in Savannah. There is a Ghost tour company there that has an older one with similar mod.
I was interested only from a parts point of view and 2k was my limit.

Well on the bright side, at least they didnt destroy an older one. I just cant understand the thing people do to cars. I mean, sure if you want to use it for that purpose there are ways to do so while keeping the car intact, or rather "Primum non nocere"

Back