Cadillac door skins

Kevin Lynch

PCS Member
I've been told to do some research for my 75 Lifeliner. Is there any source for door skins, or do I have to buy an entire door? The lower segments of the doors, and probably the lower quarter panels will need to be replaced Looks like someone tried their hand on them once. I'm sure I'll have more questions every day as we get into this project.
Thanks
Kevin

Find someone with a French Wheel, and have them made. It will probably cost a small fortune, but NOS panels will cost more, and still won't be correct.

Find someone with a French Wheel, and have them made. It will probably cost a small fortune, but NOS panels will cost more, and still won't be correct.

Thanks! I never heard of this item and coming from you I'm afraid to ask for more info. Haaaaaaa

:yankchain: :agree::respect: :myopinion: :yankchain:

OK.... I was waiting to see if anyone caught the subtle humor...... It is actually called a English wheel... read more about it here...

There is a metal-shapers association that has members across the United States that are experienced with making replacement panels. Here is a link to the association.

For those that are interested in the French wheel (Darren & Jerry), I present the below video clip.....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMeTI0BT1OQ[/ame]

Check with C-W Coach in Cincinnatti. Carl and Dale have a lot of good, used doors in inventory and also have a fair number of NOS door and quarter panel skins. Was just there and saw them 2 weeks ago.

:yankchain: :agree::respect: :myopinion: :yankchain:

OK.... I was waiting to see if anyone caught the subtle humor...... It is actually called a English wheel... read more about it here...

There is a metal-shapers association that has members across the United States that are experienced with making replacement panels. Here is a link to the association.

For those that are interested in the French wheel (Darren & Jerry), I present the below video clip.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMeTI0BT1OQ

I couldn't understand a single word of that video. And frankly, i didn't even care haha! :D As a fabricator i raised an eyebrow a bit at "french wheel". I may start referring to mine as a french wheel haha! :yum:

Back