Siren mounting

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
This post is for Richard to show that some creativity can be done to mount his siren without it blocking the sign on his Criterion.. :stars:

Attachments

• S&S Right Roof detail (1).jpg
    S&S Right Roof detail (1).jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 263
Very creative but I'm not doing that. Granted, works for this car and I've been known to do some wild things but nah, gonna pass on this.

Thanks VP Steinberg. :specool:

That was a pretty common siren mounting practice by S&S about that time frame.

Attachments

• 1960 S&S Cadillac Ambulance..jpg
    1960 S&S Cadillac Ambulance..jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 223
S&S Creativity

That's probably one of the reasons why S&S got the big bucks for their cars, as they truly were a custom-made car for whatever "whim" the client.... especially fire departments had. I also like the stainless steel or chrome side tunnels for the rear lights on the S&S Model Shown... our former 1973 were originally were painted gray. I personally like the siren-light mounting too! MM

Siren Mount

Probably better answered by Ed or Steve Loftin.... but (my guess is) that the mount is intact recessed in the roof with a beefed up mounting plate area under the sheet metal to handle the weight, torque and proper final alignment.

Yeah, if you look at one up close, the siren is intact, there is a "dimple" in the roof to accommodate the bottom curve of the siren. I haven't seen the brace that obviously must be inside, but the siren must just bolt to that. It's very interesting and common on S&S's.

Back