Superior wide body Ambulance

Already emailed Ron so I figure that I'm safe putting these pics up. Ha. Came across this about 90 minutes south of Austin a few days ago:

widey.jpg

wide2.jpg

wide3.jpg

wide5.jpg

Anyone ever track down Dave McCamey's down that was junked..? This one is a pretty decent survivor. Look better without a cracked windshield.

wide body syndrome

Are these wide body vans prone to crack windshields? It seems that the few I have seen all had a bad windshield. I don't imagine these are cheap if even availible.
One thing about the big back end...you could haul a Crosley procar in there.
Mike

The problem probably isn't as much that they are more prone to cracking, as it is there's nothing to replace them with if they do. Maybe a combination of the two?

A little more information can go public now~

Heard the price is $4k. Ambulance has current plates and a recent inspection/registration. It idled rough and could use tuned. The guy that told me about it is friends with owner and thinks $3k will buy. I spoke with the owner yesterday, who told me a few things:

Asking price is $3800. He's receptive to a fair offer. I didn't push because I'm not interested in buying myself.

$500 deposit via PayPal by Sunday afternoon if someone in the PCS wants it. He'll allow a little time for the balance of a negotiated price. If no interest, look for the ambulance on eBay come Sunday evening. May not be a lot of time to decide but at least members have a crack before an auction~

I do have over 30 higher resolution images. PM for them (with an email address) or for the owner's phone number. Location is Pleasanton, TX: 35 miles south of San Antonio; 110 miles south of Austin. :smileTEXAS:

Called the owner today to see how his auction went and if a PCS member ended up on top. Yikes! That innocent question didn't go over so well... Guess a scammer won the auction then flaked. The Superior is back up now - and he actually took the time to do things differently. New battery, old vinyl removed, carb adjusted, purrs beautifully now. The lighted front sign was even painted over and that has been fixed. All the electrics work - all the lights, everything. He even found the last city maintenance record in like '95 that validates the low mileage (27k? forgot already).

Anyway, looks like a different rig to me now. And he's willing to stop the auction for a PCS member so he doesn't have to deal with a deadbeat buyer again. PM for his number. $2500 may get the deal done...

wide38.jpg

wide39.jpg

wide43.jpg

I think it would look better with the EMS Orange Cross, rather than star of life. But that's just me. I was thinking about having them put on my new Mariner. :) Like an orange QRS complex with a fib line and ending with an orange cross.

Back