'77 GMC Van Ambulance

Only the "wrong side", because traditionally, they were mounted on the left, however, there is no requirement that they be only on the left. I have seen a few where the gurney was mounted on the right hand wall. A lot of times, it would also depend on what side the rear loading door was hinged on. The body builders would build the car any way that the customer wanted. I have seen some cars that have the second side door hinged at the rear of the door, which makes it quite easy for the attendant to enter the vehicle.

Tri-Star industries on Canada's east coast built a bunch of these for the middle east their tell tale sign was the spare tire mounted on the front grill with a cover on, wondering would they not overheat in the summer with no air getting to the motor?

Wow! What a find. 7600 miles. Interior seems to confirm the low miles. Looks like it was a factory response vehicle. Wonder what the reserve is.

Tri-Star industries on Canada's east coast built a bunch of these for the middle east their tell tale sign was the spare tire mounted on the front grill with a cover on, wondering would they not overheat in the summer with no air getting to the motor?

I asked the guy to post the Manufacturer's Service Sticker so we could get a better idea of what it is. This was his answer this morning:
"Look at the photos I took a picture and added to the pictures on ebay
"

Agrium is a huge farm chemical and fertilizer manufacturer based in Canada. This ambulance must not have left the plant too many times!

Looks like the van was assembled in Canada as well?? Probably converted there too.

Back