1916 Studebaker Hearse

Very nice. Anyone know who did this conversion, also the builder of the original horse drawn hearse? (If I missed it in the description I apologize in advance). Hearses of this age are beyond my expertise of builders, I know it was popular to re-purpose a horse drawn carriage like this and have seen amazing craftsmanship mating the old and new from not only big coachbuilders, but ones built in the funeral home garage. You will never see a new coach survive this long.
I find the headlights very interesting, I don't ever recall ever seeing anything like that, I like the look. I wonder if all the "jewels" helped the light output any.

I'm under the impression that studebaker built there own Hearses in this set of years. the one that was at the meet of John Q's was a factory built hearse.
don't forget that studebaker was just fresh out of building wagons at this time. they always were one of the finest coach builders around. so would have plenty of experienced hands that could do this.

I'm under the impression that studebaker built there own Hearses in this set of years. the one that was at the meet of John Q's was a factory built hearse.
don't forget that studebaker was just fresh out of building wagons at this time. they always were one of the finest coach builders around. so would have plenty of experienced hands that could do this.

The one in Rochester was built by Northwestern Casket Company.
I may be wrong, but I don't recall ever hearing Studebaker building their own coaches, but had coachbuilders build them for Studebaker and marketed as Studebaker with no mention of the coachbuilder.

Back