Commercial Chassis Rims

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024
I have an excessive number of commercial chassis rims available for all years/styles from the early '50s through the mid '60s. Prices range from $50 to $100, depending on year and condition. I have from 1 to 5 of any given style. I am not yet offering my '59/'60 style rims as I hope to have plans for those!

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 505
I would be interested in 2 wheels that will fit my 1977 Lifeliner. I know they are 15" wheels, but a can't remember the width offhand. Let me know if you have something that will fit and what you would like to get for them.
Kurt

Kurt,
I don't know if they used the same rims in '77 that they used in '76. I have numerous rims for the '69? through '76 C.C. Hopefully, someone will enlighten us on what they used on the '77 C.C.

Kurt...
Could you take a few pictures of each year / style so we could have a visual guide to the differences between the years, and post them to this thread. I will move the pictures into a separate post in the technical forum later, after you are finished selling. thanks Paul

Commercial Chassis Rim Photos

Kurt...
Could you take a few pictures of each year / style so we could have a visual guide to the differences between the years, and post them to this thread. I will move the pictures into a separate post in the technical forum later, after you are finished selling. thanks Paul

Will do Paul! I will probably wait for it to warm up a bit before I do it though.

I would be interested in 2 wheels that will fit my 1977 Lifeliner. I know they are 15" wheels, but a can't remember the width offhand. Let me know if you have something that will fit and what you would like to get for them.
Kurt

according to my Cadillac parts book, it is 1977 - 1979 commercial chassis rim is stamped "SM"..

I am officially adding '59 and '60 to my list of available C.C.(riveted) rims. I would ask that you e-mail me a photo of the rim/rims that you are looking for just to make sure that there is no confusion as to which C.C. rim /rims you are looking for. I have C.C. rims available for every year 1956 through 1976.

Rim Prices

I am asking $75 per rim and will deliver any quantity to Milwaukee this summer if you are attending the meet. Price is negotiable if you need 3 or more. This price will include the '57-'60 rims. I would still like to you send a photo of the rims that you are wanting matched so there are no misunderstandings.

Rim Comparisons

In speaking with Paul rgarding C.C. rim differences, I decided to do some comparisons with Cadillac rims in a given year. Since I am already working on completing a matched set of rims for my '56 Super Rescuer, I used '56 for my comparison year. The '56 Cad rim is a 1 year only rim.

As I mentioned previously, some passenger cars came from the factory with welded rims while other passenger cars came with 3-rivet rims, identical to the C.C. rims(at least from '56 through '60). Not sure as to why. My comparison was just between the riveted passenger car rims and the riveted C.C. rims. I compared 2 passenger car rims to 2 C.C. rims.

Both the C.C. rims and the passenger car rims were marked identically. All were marked with the "KH" near the valve stem on the front side. All had the same markings inside of the rim: "15x6-L Kelsey Hayes 56". The only noteable difference being that small drilled hole on the C.C. rims. I then weighed both pair of rims after cleaning them and stripping them of their valve stems and wheel weights. The C.C. rims weighed exactly 25 lbs, while the passenger car rims weighed exactly 22 lbs. Not a huge difference in weight, but a difference. Paul had speculated that I would find a weight difference in the rims. Apparently the C.C. rim uses a heavier steel, which the drilled hole must indicate.

Completely sold out of 1961-1969 C.C. rims. Ed got my last 2. I still have spare '57-'60 style, but I'm hanging onto those for now. I do still have some '70 and newer rims available.

Back