Ford/Lincoln/Mercury procars

Mystery solved

I'm thinking National based on the higher-arched roof line and the shape of the rear side window.

Good call, my friend! This is clearly a National, right down to how the drip rail ends halfway down the D pillar. Here's a '54 National/Chevrolet for comparison:

Attachments

• Ford%20front%20001.jpg
    Ford%20front%20001.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 1,445
  • 54 National Chevrolet Howard Hughes.jpg
    54 National Chevrolet Howard Hughes.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 1,807
CA Plates?

Steve: Are those CA Plates on the 1954 National-Chevy? Know who owns it? (*) Everytime I see a plain Chevy Ambulance like that out here, I think it could have been a Plant Ambulance for Hughes Aircraft. MM

Steve: Are those CA Plates on the 1954 National-Chevy? Know who owns it? (*) Everytime I see a plain Chevy Ambulance like that out here, I think it could have been a Plant Ambulance for Hughes Aircraft. MM

She does have CA plates, and is reportedly ex-Hughes Aircraft.

ford

1962 Ford, looks like a National or S&S at Boy Scout Headquarters in Dallas, 2004.

Suburbans_0002.jpg

Wonder if any of these were actually ever built as ambulances or hearses?

1959 National Ford Minute Man ambulance.

I think the 59 Ford made for a very attractive pro-car myself!:specool:

Attachments

• $(KGrHqN,!jME2H1kCqZgBNkyz4KER!~~0_3.JPG
    $(KGrHqN,!jME2H1kCqZgBNkyz4KER!~~0_3.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 1,569
1956 Ford limousine

Any idea who the builder is/was on this one? Photos taken at the Crown Victoria Association meet in Richmond, VA circa late 80's.

Attachments

• scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 1,075
  • scan0004.jpg
    scan0004.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 1,060
  • scan0005.jpg
    scan0005.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 1,079
  • scan0007.jpg
    scan0007.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 1,109
the 56 limo has that Sageway look to the exterior. but looks like a number of things have been removed over the years. most of their airport limos only had handles on the right doors. except for the factory ones. but there method of cut stretch would be fairly easy to duplicate. the 4 doors we almost never added in a body shop stretch though.

a bit back up there the 62 out side the boy scouts headquaters has to be a seabert. that filler between the doors was theres in those early 60s fords. there methed of using front doors for center ones lead to some big filler panels between them.

While technically not a procar, cool/rare enough coach built for inclusion:

56lincoln.jpg

That's funny, I took that picture! It was around 2000-2001 at a show Rick Kamen puts on, called the Orphan Car Show, in Snellville, GA. He's a Kaiser guy who decided we needed a show, a celebration really, of the marques that time is forgetting. While professional cars aren't really orphans, he was a PCS member, and invited us out every year. One year we had a nice turn out of 12 pro cars, including a Chrysler Ghia limousine.

As for that Lincoln, I've all but forgotten. As memory serves though, it was a custom "what if they built it" car.

Adam, your memory of that Lincoln wagon is correct. I know the owner/person who had it built, and it is a fantasy car that was created about ten years ago to look like something that might have actually existed.

As I recall the story, he is in the contracting business, and is a Lincoln fan, and wanted a Lincoln wagon that he could haul things in. So he hired a custom hot rod shop to build the car for him. I beleive he gave them three parts car quality 1956 Lincolns to turn into the one wagon. The car was also fitted with a Ford 460 motor to go along with his original idea of actually using it to haul things.

Well as sometimes (often??) happens with old car projects, it turned out too nice and he spent too much on it to actually use it for anything other than a show car when it was completed.

When the car was freshly completed, he displayed it at that year's convention of the station wagon club. He also has two signs that he displays with the car. One sign tells the true story about how it was his custom creation. The other sign is a fictional make-believe tale about it being a Ford show car. Well a writer for Old Cars Weekly was covering the station wagon meet, read the sign giving the fictional story about it being a show car, and ran that tale as being fact in his publication. Because of the number of people who read Old Cars Weekly, the tale about this car being a "real" car obviously still persists. There was enough fall-out from that incident between Old Cars Weekly and the station wagon club that the owner of the car ended his membership in the club.

raised roof on that ford also. you get to looking and it's altered a lot for that rear door. OK sorry I got lost this comment was on the red short wheel based fire dep ambulance. can't find it again.

So when you think of ugly old Fords, you think of me?? :D

Ugly Fords? UGLY OLD FORDS???? Adam, how could you, I thought we were friends... :cry:

Just kidding of course! :yankchain:

Hmmm, me wonders how much a plane ticket to the Philippines and a container shipped back would be.... :angel:

Back