'68 Superior Pontiac LWB Amb. In TX

I hope that they did not etch those quarter windows!

The extreme heat of the Southwest has taken its toll on the door panels, seats, etc. It looks like they did a nice job on the paint work!

Looks like the etched vinyl sign material. I doubt that someone would go to the expense of having a rubber etching stencil made to sandblast the etching into the glass. They would have needed 2 made, one for each side.

Or they could have been done with clear shelf paper. The self adhesive kind. Cover your glass. Lay your pattern underneath it cut out sith a razer and sand blast away. But till you walk up and feel it you will never know.

This car sat in the driveway of a local residence a couple of miles away from me in Mesa, AZ for a year or two (maybe more), before it disappeared about 5 years ago. Looks like the lower body has since been repainted, but I recall the sun damage to the tunnel light lenses had them pink in color, rather than red. Not very apparent in the photos, but pictures can be deceiving, or maybe someone touched them up with a rattle can.

I googled Phoenix Raceway Park, and it looks like it was a dragstrip that shut down many years ago.

Well, I sure don't need it, or want it, but it looks like a very good price for a fifty-year-old hightop, doesn't it?

Back