Nice day, big visitation, get the hearse out

Expected a big visitation today at STOWERS so got the horse drawn hearse out for all to see.

Attachments

• IMG_1792.jpg
    IMG_1792.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_3308.jpg
    IMG_3308.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 305
Very nice! There are two funeral homes in my town, one multi-generational family owned, and the other a newcomer owned by a local chain. The family one has two horse-drawn hearses, and just recently they put a large window where one of their garage doors used to be so one of the horse-drawns is on display all the time.

Dick Stowers also had an early 20's Model T hearse (now at SCI Land in Houston) as well as a 62 Superior Consort Landau. If memory serves me correctly the Model T was displayed in like a glass room on the......east side of the building kinda under the carport. He finally retired the 62 in the mid 80's. Dick also bought out ( what was then) Marsicano FH in south Tampa in the late 80's and promptly had me buy their pristine 71 Victoria. :D

May I come visit sometime after you're settled in?

Folks understand that Richard is in perilous territory - within a 10 minute walk to a Cheesecake Factory and every other top name restaurant in the US. Actually it's a hot spot...near the state fair grounds, lots of car dealers, recreation....about 15 minutes from downtown Tampa.....huge mall (with the factory)....
Hope to visit soon
Good luck
Kev

nice but rather a expensive way to acquire one was it not. not everyone likes the hearse so much they buy the home to get it.

Dick Stowers also had an early 20's Model T hearse (now at SCI Land in Houston) as well as a 62 Superior Consort Landau. If memory serves me correctly the Model T was displayed in like a glass room on the......east side of the building kinda under the carport. He finally retired the 62 in the mid 80's. Dick also bought out ( what was then) Marsicano FH in south Tampa in the late 80's and promptly had me buy their pristine 71 Victoria. :D

This horse drawn sits in a glass enclosed area on the east side of the building.

Back