Miller-Meteor dealer in Maryland in 1975

Robert Shepard

Website Administrator / Past President - Golden St
Super Site Supporter
I'm attempting document the history of my 1975 Criterion. It was purchased by the Denton Vol. Fire Co in Denton MD on 9/15/75. The car must have been a demo unit as it had 5,266 miles on the odometer when it was first sold. I'm trying to determine the name and city of the M-M dealer who served the area.

Last edited:
I have a dealer/distributor listing for M-M/Wayne from 1976-1977 that list all the M-M dealers and distributors across the U.S. that should have the info that your looking for Robert. I'll look later tonight for you when I get home to see what I can come up with on that. :toocool:

I spoke with Stephen Diamond (Diamond Ambulance) today regarding my Criterion. He recalls purching it in MD; either from the fire department or the coach / ambulance dealer in the 1980's. He said that he paid a PCS member to drive the car from MD to TX.

He kept the car in his ambulance museum during his ownership. Although it may have seen service during one of the big storms that hit the gulf. He sold it, and 4 other ambulances to a collector in S. CA. That person kept the cars in storage for a number of years, then sold most of them. I purchased it from one of his buyers. Neither of them had transfered the title from Stephen. When I registered it, I had to turn in its TX title with Stephen's signature on it. So I have 36 year old car that has only transfered ownership 3 times on paper.

Last edited:
I'm attempting document the history of my 1975 Criterion. It was purchased by the Denton Vol. Fire Co in Denton MD on 9/15/75. The car must have been a demo unit as it had 5,266 miles on the odometer when it was first sold. I'm trying to determine the name and city of the M-M dealer who served the area.

Ritter M-M...don't remember the city.

Attachments

• Ritter cup.jpg
    Ritter cup.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 287
Ritter M-M Sales 18 Aylenbury Ave. Timoniuom, MD 21093. Al Ritter.

Pat. Co. Distributors (Wayne only) P.O. Box 946 Spa Road. Annapolis, MD. 21404. J. Patrick Henry

Info from 1977 Miller- Meteor salesman/dealers binder.

Thank you Jeremy and Steve. You are both great examples of the spirit of cooperation within the PCS.

Back