My 1950 Pontiac Hearse-Parts

Does anyone know a good web-site to order parts for your hearse? I just bought a 1950 Pontiac Hearse in Topeka,ks. I am replacing the breaks/break lines and some other things. I would also like to find out more about it. The guy said it came from a funeral home in western kansas and the funeral directors last name was Droge? I googled it but couldn't find anything.

Inline tube makes brake lines, however, you will need to lengthen the tube that goes to the rear brakes. They will not modify the length for you unless you remove the old one and send it to them. Once you ask for anything out of the normal, they don't want to consider it without the original part to copy. I guess it must be a liability issue. Also stay away from stainless steel brake lines, since they are more difficult to work with, cost more, and by the time the steel brake lines will need to be replaced, both you and the car will be off the road. Not worth the extra money in my opinion...

Pontiac Parts

Paul's advise is solid and the one thing you definitely want working in top condition is the brake system.

For Pontiac specific parts you might want to check with the Pontiac Oakland Club International.
There is also a place called California Pontiac Restoration located on Santa Ana, CA. You can find them online

For the hearse part what are you looking for? It is a matter of hunting and asking questions.

Who was the coach maker? National, Barnett or ? What is the hearse style?

Do you have a pic of your new prize?

Anything late 40's - early 50's is great. Enjoy!

Thats great that your hearse hunting payed off!! Kanter, and USA parts supply are a great source of parts, but we need to know the coachbuilder to help with specific coachbuilt parts. If you dont know the coach builder you can post pics and Im sure we can help. We would love to see it!!!
One advantage of a Pontiac over Cadillac is there seem to be more sources for new or re maned parts.

Thanks, Atti - just good as a National.

Looking forward to seeing the pics. If she's been looking for a while then she snagged a real winner in my book.

There is another early '50s Barnette Pontiac limo style at Watt's Auto Salvage in Wymore, NE. Very restorable car! Louie can be reached at 402.645.8066 if anyone is interested.

phearse6.jpg
[/IMG]
phearse7.jpg

phearse5.jpg

phearse4.jpg

phearse3.jpg

phearse2.jpg

phearse8.jpg

There is another early '50s Barnette Pontiac limo style at Watt's Auto Salvage in Wymore, NE. Very restorable car! Louie can be reached at 402.645.8066 if anyone is interested.

Would they sell me a door and a window off of it, or do I have to buy the entire thing? Some places will sell parts others just want you to buy the entire Vehicle. The second door on the drivers side has some major issues, but I may just try and sand off the bondo on it and see if it's something I can fix.

Many of the cars of that era had doors that was custom built to each car, and the door off of another might not fit very well. If possible, you might be better off having your existing door repaired by a body man.

I know a few people that do body work, but I am learning to do this stuff myself. I may see if I can fix it with some hammers and dollies. It's possible I may have to do some welding. I'll just have to sand off all the bondo and see what's underneath.:eek:

Back