Criterion

get it running at least. it's going to look funny red and white with the orange and black interior to. I sure they have this much money into the car but with so much not completed. all the exterior panels are not even painted yet. it going to make it had to wash out. a man wanted one what is done is done right most likely. but if you can't put it together your self your in for a big shock.

get it running at least. it's going to look funny red and white with the orange and black interior to. I sure they have this much money into the car but with so much not completed. all the exterior panels are not even painted yet. it going to make it had to wash out. a man wanted one what is done is done right most likely. but if you can't put it together your self your in for a big shock.

It was running great when I sold it to them. Guessing still runs? I am sure they have more than 20k in it at this point. It is a rock solid car to begin with. Yes it does still need a lot of reassembly.

Its too bad that they changed the body color. That is going to make for a lot of added expense on the part of the next owner. It would almost be cheaper to re-paint the car as opposed to re-upholstering everything that is now orange.

about the only other way to take care of the over heating problem was to raise the hood to let the hot air out. I stood by at many fires where we had the hood up on hot days as well as at the station after a run. If we had an extended scene time, the hood was put up as well. I bet that someone could have fried hamburgers on the air cleaner at times.

.......... and throw that screwed-up hood in the scrap pile! I may have been what they fealt they needed to do back in the day, but not necessary today! Pitch it!

one would have to look over the interior pieces to make that decision. of which is the more practical way to go. if you have to redo some of them changing them or painting them may be a option. a bout 75 bucks will get you enough PPG vinyl paint to change them to any color you want.

Of this last gasp series of Cadillac Ambulances my favorite was the 54XL. The one I had was great. Problem with the Millers is the steel its cheap and very prone to rust. I had two one is still here we scrapped one back when scrap was way up brought $890.00 for iron. What was amazing was I drove it in from Pittsburgh and it was not bad it sat here and just fell into holes everywhere sold quite a few parts off it Then it was so bad it went to the crusher the other is still here and everytime I go by it there is less and less there.

I also prefer the look of the 54XLs over the Criterions. The Superiors did seem to hold up much better. Rocker panels on the M-Ms just seemed to disolve.

Back