Wayne care-o-van

Anybody know where there are any of these laying around still? Chevy or dodge. There are quite a few structural pieces that I would like to get for mine, it will save me from having to use my metal working skills. I believe they also made a school bus on this chassis also.
Mar15622.jpg

DSCN0369.jpg

all four of the rear doors are in awful shape, I am going to have to reskin all of them. Also, the front lower corner of the box is gone, I am going to have to fab one up. LOTS of new metal will be going back into the box of this one.

Hi Kaleb!

I was surprised to find a care-O-Van in my province... well, a picture of! Found on the web on the Montreal Notre-Dame hospital archives this shot:

Not dated but the Montreal police car have the unique 1974-76 design so it means the ambulance is bright yellow.

Thanks for the pic! This one is going into my collection. Too bad we can't determine if its a dodge or chevy. I think that it is a 75 or 76.

I saw one of these in Milwaukee the other week when I was up there attending to International Meet matters for next year. It was in a parking lot for a nursing home and appeared to still be roadworthy and in use. It was no longer in use as an ambulance, as the emergency lights now had solid covers over them. I would assume it was probably in use for invalid transportation of the nursing home residents. Sorry, no, I didn't have my camera with me, but I'll take it with me next time and hopefully see the vehicle again.

I saw one of these in Milwaukee the other week when I was up there attending to International Meet matters for next year. It was in a parking lot for a nursing home and appeared to still be roadworthy and in use. It was no longer in use as an ambulance, as the emergency lights now had solid covers over them. I would assume it was probably in use for invalid transportation of the nursing home residents. Sorry, no, I didn't have my camera with me, but I'll take it with me next time and hopefully see the vehicle again.

this more than likely was a busette or transette. They were made by wayne and shared the same rear conversion. Could have been an ambulance but main what a pain it would have been for them to remove the shelving in the rear. Would still love to see a photo of it.

Back