Sad Pro-Cars

Really unusual and sad car! As you can see in the photo, this one will be processed in the next 2 weeks.

Darren Bedford: If there is anything that you may need off of this thing, let me know ASAP. I purchased the 3 remaining C.C. rims and the '59 Cad wheel cover on it. Back door still has the glass in it.

Three original '60 C.C. rims, C.C. drive shaft, an extremely nice '59 Cad wheel cover, and S&S rear door glass all saved from the crusher!

Adam, i was just about to post the pic of that 57 Poncho, great minds think alike.

Heres a couple more. A 1900's Model T, a 37 Studabaker, 61 Eureka, and a 66 Olds. I still got some more I'm trying to find.

Josh
A 70 M-M combination I recently rescued. In the top left corner of the picture is the 66 Olds mentioned previously.

Adam, i was just about to post the pic of that 57 Poncho, great minds think alike.

Heres a couple more. A 1900's Model T, a 37 Studabaker, 61 Eureka, and a 66 Olds. I still got some more I'm trying to find.
Josh
A 70 M-M combination I recently rescued. In the top left corner of the picture is the 66 Olds mentioned previously.

A 69 M-M landau 3 way that was hacked up by the previous owner before he blew his brains out. In the background is a 73 Olds Seville I rescued from becoming a demolition derby car.

Don't know if this poor soul was previously posted, resting in Tombstone, Arizona.

Attachments

• Scottsdlae 3 15 010 (600 x 400).jpg
    Scottsdlae 3 15 010 (600 x 400).jpg
    75 KB · Views: 763
  • Scottsdlae 3 15 012 (600 x 400).jpg
    Scottsdlae 3 15 012 (600 x 400).jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 761
  • Scottsdlae 3 15 014 (400 x 599).jpg
    Scottsdlae 3 15 014 (400 x 599).jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 756
67 Superior smashed in crash 1972

We were covering for Twin City Ambulance in North Tonawanda, NY, as their only ambulance was totaled in an accident about a week before this. The other vehicle ignored a stop sign. I was on board as tech on this call. Badly shaken up, but OK. Had to replace axle on that side as it was bent.
Straitened door, and used a Quarter from a 1967 caddy convertible to replace the damaged quarter. Today Twin City Ambulance is the second largest company in the Buffalo/western NY area. Owned by the Clark family, They operate a fleet of almost 40 ambulances.

Attachments

• Scan0014.jpg
    Scan0014.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 542
They had to be kept on the road if at all possible. Was there a patient being transported when hit? Thanks for sharing.

1965 Superior Cadillac Royale ambulance

1965 Superior Cadillac Royale ambulance

Looked at this car yesterday - took over a year just to get permission to see it. Pretty complete as far as the ambulance was concerned, missing the radiator, front bumper and grill, along with the bullet lenses. Owner wasn't interested in selling parts - he'd sell the car, but I think the price that would make it worth his time to dig the car out of the woods would be more than the car was worth.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

1953 Henney Packard formal sedan

I attended an estate auction in Tunbridge, VT today, at which they sold this 1953 Henney Packard formal sedan. I was told it was owned by a Senator from New York, who used it to travel between New York and a family farm in South Woodstock, VT. The car was rough in the lower panels, the front floors were rusted through and the interior cloth was falling apart. The grill was broken - a replacement was in the back seat, but it was not the correct year. The car sold for $1000.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Spotted in Seward, NE Today

Owned by a cake business in Seward, NE. Spotted today in driving through town. Quarter panels read "Cake To Die For".

Attachments

• IMG_0477.jpg
    IMG_0477.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 704
A little late

Wish I had known about that auction. A lot of parts on that Henney limousine that I could use for an identical 53 I am trying to resurrect.

55-6 pontiac

Forwarded by a friend. Apparently all the glass is intact. All one needs now: time, money, more time and more money.

Attachments

• 5-6 pontiac 1.jpg
    5-6 pontiac 1.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 575
  • 5-6 pontiac 2.jpg
    5-6 pontiac 2.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 572
Look what followed me home...

I had been looking for a snow plow to fit an older Ford pickup - I got a call from a friend yesterday morning, letting me know that a guy in town who picks up junk cars had what I was looking for, but the crusher was set up, and the truck would be going through it on Monday. I ran down there, and luckily, the guy was working in his garage. As we walked down to look at the plow, I glance to the left and spy this 1973 Superior Pontiac end loader lined up to be crushed as well - I just couldn't bear the thought of it being crushed with so many useful parts on it, so needless to say, a deal was struck and it was dropped at my house this morning.

It's too far gone to restore, it's pretty rusty around the rear wheels, and it looks like it had some bondo in it while it was in service, plus the frame is rotted out just in front of the driver's side rear wheels. The engine and transmission are gone (I was told they went to a Tempest restoration project.) Interior is complete (except for the instrument cluster) and in fairly good shape. Landau bars are long gone.

If anyone wants it whole, I'll let it go for what I've got into it - PM me for details. If no one wants the whole car in the very near future, I'll probably strip it for parts and scrap what's left, so let me know if there are any requests.

I was told that the car was used by the Pillsbury Funeral home, out of Littleton, NH (now Pillsbury - Phaneuf Funeral Home). Antidotal evidence in the car would point that way, but nothing definitive.

Attachments

• 1973 Pontiac hearse front.jpg
    1973 Pontiac hearse front.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 275
  • 1973 Pontiac hearse drivers side.jpg
    1973 Pontiac hearse drivers side.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 273
  • 1973 Pontiac hearse passenger side.jpg
    1973 Pontiac hearse passenger side.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 271
  • 1973 Pontiac hearse rear.jpg
    1973 Pontiac hearse rear.jpg