Superior attendant seat switches

Martin Harvey

PCS Member
I reinstalled the 3 switches (green-amber-red) with the buzzer in my '67 Superior and I wanted to know, with cars that have a squad bench, where are those switches? any pictures folks? (let say 1965-1970 range)

Good question. The only one I saw with a bench seat had the controls jut over the window. About in the cwnter

Martin,
My 72 Superior has the lights/switches on a pod/tower on the right side of the gurney what would be about where the patients head would be.They face to the front on the pod.However it is not a bench model.
My 70 Superior which IS a bench model has them located to the right of the gurney but on the edge where the door frame area would be....

Last edited:
I can recall this very well from the first car I rode.
Dead center of the overhead console.

AND

If you don't want to walk back from the Hospital, Do NOT reference this switch bank as "The Wonderbread Switch".

Now, would you want to venture a guess what was always on the windshield mirror every time the Chief of Equipment slid his rotund rump into the car.

I don't know if 1971 might be helpful. By passenger side rear door and bench, just above control panel for lights/etc.

Attachments

• IMG_1139.jpg
    IMG_1139.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 130
Back