1947 Cadillac Fleetwood airport limousine - $8000

1947 Cadillac Fleetwood airport limousine - $8000

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/5919787419.html
I have a great find a 1947 Cadillac 75 series Fleetwood limousine " stretched" this was made by Hess & Eisenhardt
Who are a noted custom automotive body builders. They where used as a Airport shuttle, ambulance it has 6 doors and can hold 12 passenger. This a really cool old school there is no rust rot car is very solid give me a call if you have any questions hit me up 650 4655453

1/5/17 posted to PCS board - post id: 5919787419 posted: 22 days ago

Attachments

• 1947 Cad airport.jpg
    1947 Cad airport.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 788
  • 1947 Cad airport 2.jpg
    1947 Cad airport 2.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 648
By strange he is showing pictures of two vary different cars. Look at the doors. I'm not the one to say four sure but don't think this started out as a factory limo. If it was true to form it started out as the cheapest sedan they could buy.

Good Catch Ed -the car on the right has a good 18 inches between the fender and rear door while the other one butts right up

Probably not even the same coach builder, in looking at the many differences.

That said, I don't think he said anything about them being the same car in his listing.

From what I have seen, this is not a Hess & Eisenhardt "Airport Limousine". These were generally fastback style cars and some had fabric sun roofs while the one offered for sale is a more traditional "trunk back" style car that looks like a conversion of a series 75 sedan. I'd look for proof of it being an example of H&E coachwork - like a builder's tag or logo.

Back