1962 Cadillac HEARSE - $2000

If not rotted, it's a good buy regardless if running or not.

Sometimes this site cracks me up about values. Actually, the vast majority of the time.

value is what it's worth to you. a sale is when two people think it's the same value. what you get on one cost is a lot different then the other. a car not running has no value to me only a liability. rare means nothing if it's undesirable and you can't put a price on sentiment. if the man lived next door to me and offered it to me for 100 bucks, I would turn him down. I don't want a hearse. I don't have the time or the cash to do anything with it. just let it sit and look at it is a waste. I would how ever try to find it a good home. just because one like it sold yesterday for 10 times this doesn't make this one worth any more if no one else wants one. two Gs for a running car all there is a good price. if it's not running or can't easily get running it's 500 to a grand. were I live. your value may be different but I don't see either one of us buying the car. but if your after it, you won't get any competition from me

Each time you re-hash that viewpoint Ed, you strengthen that you're in the minority when speaking of real-world assessment and fair open market value. There is nothing wrong with that. And many fellow PCS members share you sentiment.

In fact this club, more so than any other I have been around, has a greater percentage of under-valuers among them for a myriad of reasons. The prevalent 'disconnect' consistently diminishes though once an item has been purchased and instantly becomes worth more. Honest assessment, no bashing, not directed at any one individual. It is what it is - which has taken me years to learn here.

I know it's one of those things we will have to agree to dis agree on. but there ain't no blue book on these cars and it is just what the market will bear at any given time. one restored will bring the money but you still have to wait for a man that wants that car and you don't normally have two people fighting over it. I have heard of people that have actually made money on one.
a real world look at people that have bought one of these cars tells me I'm in the majority when it comes to laying out the cash. but I will agree when most people price they car they really move it up.

I'm no salesman. I can't give a car away. a look at my last three cars i sold will attest to that.
popped for a 350 dollar 71 superior. I told the man that if he drove the car into my place I would give him 350 for it. put new exhaust and a little over 600 bucks in it. even a used windshield. got everything to work as it should on it. sold it on time payments for 800 bucks.
popped for a 73 S&S combo off e-bay for 2500. paid a grand more to get it up here. dumped around a grand in it and with a little help from my friends it had a 28 under the hood a 17 on top, new tires, windshield, seat recovered, new carpet in, paint and a new exhaust system. everything worked on it when I sold it. I got 2600 for it and 50 bucks to deliver it 50 mils away.

the last go round on this highly sough over, worth a small fortune anytime or place 70 suburban. I paid 950 for it and moved it some 450 miles one way. got the heater, hoses ,new exhaust put a set of heads on it and I now have all the patch panels and its ready to get repaired and repainted. got about 2 gran in it now. listed it on e-bay the high bid was 250. ran it again and got the offering price up to 350. it's still my daily driver right now.

now then I did have a 72 olds high top that I paid 5000 for (they all laughed at me for giving so much). move it over form Minnesota. some 600 miles one way. it had only 7000 miles on it, it ran like a new car if you did not mind the leak exhaust manifold. put new muffler and tailpipe on it to. I got it home and re did the entire car. same as I'm doing these for other people . use the car some 10 years when I sold it it had 24000 miles on it . the man dropped down bought the car jumped in it the next day and drove it to Bozeman Mt some 500 miles away. remember I did go completely threw it. I got 10,000 for a 72 with 24,000 miles on it ready to go. I'm pretending I broke even on that one.

we have invested in a 68 MM combo. gave 5 for it drove it home had a little trouble but that was because of some mechanic did not know he need to put a steel plate under the cab gasket. been trying to get the AC running on it since I got it home. hot gas in the intake problem. think we got it now. it has some rust needs a windshield but we got back our light and siren. the car now runs like a fine watch. I have been given a offer to get back the money I paid originally for the car. can't decide to cut my losses or just dump more money into it or not.
were not even going to talk about the 53 pon I paid 1500 for . I don't care what it cost me I'm getting that one done and going to be buried in it long before I die.
the 86 6 door that my wife took from me. I paid 7 grand for the car. went up to Billings and drove it home. washed it off drove it to Tennessee and got first in place with the car. went to new Jersey and took best in show and first place. tried to sell it when I got home. the only offer I got on it, the man bulked. I dropped the price down to 3 grand. all he wanted to know was if it hit bumps hard. my wife now has the car. she won't let me give it away. we got best in show in Ohio again with it.

so come on now lets talk real world prices for a bit. if your making any money on any of these cars I'll turn my sales over to you with a 98% commission on every dime you make over what I got in them. as I have only pretended to brake even on one of them. they may be worth a lot were you are, but once I get them to my place the value I paid drops to half. so that's were I'm coming form. it's called experience not wishful thinking. I did have to chuckle when I got acused of flipping them. if I've been flipping them they are burnt pancakes.

Attachments

• 1971 superier before and after rear.jpg
    1971 superier before and after rear.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 290
  • 0015.jpg
    0015.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_1651.jpg
    IMG_1651.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_1783.jpg
    IMG_1783.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 283
  • 07 right side.jpg
    07 right side.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 290
  • 4 1986 H&E 6 door in the parka.jpg
    4 1986 H&E 6 door in the parka.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 285
I forgot the 75 cb end loader I got of of St Lue. had a deuce of a time getting it back home but we finally did but a new rear bumper on it fixed the rust and spotted it in. paid a grand for it drove it home fixed everything and let it go fore 2 if I remember right . the loss wasn't a lot on it.

the the 89 Collins I really like that car 6 door big and black. we have it all most a year before the 72 Seville came up and I had to let it go. it was mostly fixing stuff on it I don't think we put a lot if stuff in it. just redid the worn out and broken things inside and a power seat and stereo radio things like that. did buy a new converter to post up the 305. I only lost 500 on it but threw in a 300 dollar car cover. the man call me up after he got it and was vary happy with the car. it went on e-bay for enough to pay for the Olds

then there is the 72 Olds Seville I got from Lloyd. gave him 2500 for the car, put a windshield in it here, fixed some rust and broken springs. got the AC charged and new exhaust on it to. we have dumped over 4 grand in it while it's been out in RI mainly in sand blasting and undercoating the undercarrage. Brendon's supost to be having fun with it while I'm having fun with his. still got to get it back home.

so ya if this 60 is a running car 2 grand for it would be a fair price. from were I stand. the offer of 98% commision on anythign over what I have in one was a real offer. I can't sell in water in He!!

Attachments

• IMG_3849.jpg
    IMG_3849.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_5897a.jpg
    IMG_5897a.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 277
  • before and after. engin room.jpg
    before and after. engin room.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_0163.jpg
    IMG_0163.jpg