Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Go Back   Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. > Professional Car Discussion > Technical Discussion Forum

Technical Discussion Forum For the discussion of technical questions about Professional Cars and their repair and maintenance. Posting in this forum is limited to PCS Members and / or Site Supporters. We encourage all website users to become members of the Professional Car Society and / or become Site Supporter.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:12 PM
Website Member

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Wheel covers

This is a silly question but I figure those who have been around longer than I would know. How do I mount my wheel covers? They don't seem to fit yet these are the original ones to the car on the original rims. I'm assuming just take a rubber mallet and tap it on? I've never had this issue with covers from my other cars...
Old 10-31-2011, 11:45 PM
PCS Elected Director

Thanked 13,660 Times in 5,763 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

welcome to cadillac. the prongs need to be straight and in the proper position you need to have caddy wheel weights on the wheels as the cover goes just under the edge of the rim.if the wheel weight is there your either into cutting off the prongs for the weight or replacing it with a caddy one. then, if all that is OK. put the wheel with the valve stem down. put the cover over the stem and go to the opposite edge and hit it with a rubber mallet. struck on the edge down not in. work it left and right in the same manner. what your trying to do is pop the prongs under the rim. if one of them goes to the out side you have to bend it back so that it will slip under the rim. it's a chore to put 4 of them on . but the good news is no one looses a caddy wheel cover unless they blow a tire and usually not then.
Danny Ryder (11-02-2011), Darlene Daniels (11-01-2011), Peter Jennings (11-01-2011)
Old 11-01-2011, 07:42 PM
PCS Member

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

What Ed said. I have to really smack 'em to seat 'em, but when their on, their ON!