Sad Pro-Cars

1976? ACC oldsmobile

I love that Olds removal car though.

It is a '76. Did you get a shot of the ACC nameplate?

I owned three Custom Cruisers over the years, all with woodgrain trim; a brown '72, a dark blue '74, and a yellow '76 (my favorite). They were great cars, and I might just have another one some day. (Steve Lichtman as well as the Lange twins probably have some stories about Oklahoma procar buffing in these cars...!)

I don't have a picture, but as I was traveling on US 93 between Lost Wages and Kingman AZ I saw an early 50s ford Superior limo style end loader? I didn't get a good look at it, and I could be wrong considering my limited knowledge of earlier pro-cars, but it looked identical to the 50-51 Cadillac Superiors except with a Ford front end. Looked to be in sad sad shape. If anyone is interested in looking at it and lives near there, it's almost exactly 70 miles outside of Vegas. Guy has a collection of cars for sale there, so it's worth stopping by regardless.

Sawed-off hearse

Bringing this thread back to the top to share one spotted at the 2011 Back to the Bricks in flint, Michigan.

picture.php

It is a 1983 Superior Buick. It was in fine original condition up until a year or so ago, when the owner cut off the back part of the roof and added wood trim and accessories.

I saw this also today while up in flint at back to brick's, brad is correct it was in(fine condition) till up to a year or so ago, only needing the bumper inserts frt.

Collinsville F.H. (Collinsville, OK)
1966 M-M combination w/panels

(SL photo, 1983)

This girl was pampered, petted, and preened in her first life and lived in the garage. She never saw a red light and, to my knowledge, was never used as an ambulance. She was later sold to the Nash-Jackson F.H. in Tulsa where she never saw a day under cover. I saw her last in about 1988 and then on Thursday of this week:

Individual (Onapa, OK)

(SL photo, 2011)

While almost complete (cot hook missing, etc.), this girl is in rough shape. The good parts are that there is no rust-through and the glass is good. Seen on a towing company's lot, there was no one around to ask if she was for sale or not...but I assume she is.

Attachments

• Collinsville 66 MM 001.jpg
    Collinsville 66 MM 001.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 946
  • 66 MM LF.jpg
    66 MM LF.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 948
  • 66 MM RR.jpg
    66 MM RR.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 947
  • 66 MM rear.jpg
    66 MM rear.jpg