Limousine Blues

Jim Staruk

Super Site Supporter
Super Site Supporter
Last night I packed my daughter, son-in-law and two grandchildren into my 1965 Cadillac limousine and headed to the Friday night cruise in Auburn, MA. Everything went great and I had many nice compliments about my car and grand kids. Especially the three year old standing behind the steering wheel, honking the horn. Time to leave and the the electrical system is stone dead. Not one single engine turnover. A neighbor pulled his '55 Chevy over to jump start me... nothing. Tapped on the starter... nothing. Strange thing is the headlights were burning bright. Just as I was about to call AAA, I noticed the transmission was in Drive. The three year old shifted while tooting! Put the car in Park, fired her up and had a wonderful ride home. Lucky we were on level ground! Also, lesson learned. Jim

Lesson learned for sure! My son asks about that lever and I say "No, never that lever. That's what makes the car start rolling." Of course I do have to double check that I haven't let him leave any lights on, that's his favorite; flipping ALL the switches. I didn't even know the lights over the door entrances were push buttons until he showed me!

Glad everyone was safe and you guys had a good time. Take any pics?

We have similar "problems" with public displaying of our Fire Engines.... always have to deplete the air in the system as we have had kids (and grown ups) playing with the switches release the maxi-brakes. Another good reason to ALWAYS chock block them as well. MM

That is awful cute though, the 3 year old standing on the seating laying on the horn :D

No, I would not allow that. I should have been more clear. She was "pretend" driving and tooted the horn once. That's when I asked her mommy to take her for a hot dog.

Back