Motorcycle Hearse

Thanks Richard. Have funeral service professionals in south Florida stopped wearing ties? I know that it is hot and humid like it is here.

Thanks Richard. Have funeral service professionals in south Florida stopped wearing ties? I know that it is hot and humid like it is here.

Actually we have. When meeting with a family we discuss how they would like the director and staff to dress such as ties no ties, sports shirts, ETC. We even go so far so to discuss the color of shirts they would like to see staff wearing that day. Most popular is blue. It truly impresses the family if staff can dress in the deceased favorite color. White shirts are a no-no but on most occasions when going to church we wear a tie but first discussed with family.

Always remember, "It's not about us it's about the family".

Is this a specialized service from this funeral provider? Is this something that is unusual, or are there other kinds of vehicles that can be used?
I was wondering if a person had an older hearse, could it be used for service? Like if I were to use my 48 Chevrolet National, to cater to Veterans or people that would prefer an older vehicle, thru a funeral provider. Is this legal, or are there laws that control who and what can be used? I'm just curious, thanks.

Okay Richard nice picture,out of curiosity what is the oddest mode of transport you have seen for a funeral. anyone else wanna chime in,except Greg and his north Korean repurposed limo(cause we ate all the horses).

Is this a specialized service from this funeral provider? Is this something that is unusual, or are there other kinds of vehicles that can be used?
I was wondering if a person had an older hearse, could it be used for service? Like if I were to use my 48 Chevrolet National, to cater to Veterans or people that would prefer an older vehicle, thru a funeral provider. Is this legal, or are there laws that control who and what can be used? I'm just curious, thanks.

Many times funeral homes have used older coaches a family may have or a friend would provide. Some funeral homes are worried about liability but that is nonsense.

Okay Richard nice picture,out of curiosity what is the oddest mode of transport you have seen for a funeral. anyone else wanna chime in,except Greg and his north Korean repurposed limo(cause we ate all the horses).

Strangest type of vehicle I have ever used was an 18-wheeler truck no trailer. The family mounted the two caskets over the rear wheels and wouldn't you know it rained like crazy that day. As one can imagine those caskets were totally filthy when we arrived at the cemetery. That was when Terri and I were in Colorado.
I keep trying to use the STOWERS horse drawn hearse here at Hillsboro for a child or baby service letting the pallbearers hold the yoke pulling it to the grave but every time we have a service we forget. I'll remember the next one.

Being in the towing and recovery business for years many of the business operators were strange ducks like me. One a south Philadelphia owner had one of his Flat beds/rollbacks used for his last ride. Truck carried the flowers and many American Flags as well as his Flag draped coffin (Korean Vet). Another Salvage yard operator had his if I remember correctly a 1947 Ford stake body collector truck used might be wrong could have been a Chevie. So takes all kinds.Better to carry out the departed ones wishs than be politicly correct.

the departed one can wish all they want it's the family that decides what they get. but if one is going to stay in business one has to remain flexible.

I have been honored to be asked to provide my 1970 Cadillac Superior Rescuer on 2 different occasions for funerals of EMS providers. No legal problems, but one of the funeral homes asked me to sign a release that absolved them of any problems due to the use of my vehicle. The families of the deceased were thrilled that my ambulance was able to be used in the procession. It also served as the hearse in one of the funerals.

Back