sounds like fishing to me

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
put in a order for some caddy blue to Hirsch automotive as the 67 is going in for surgery and I want to cover over the scars. the next day I received this rather plain Jane note. no company header or link direction me to the web site oa a 800 number to call. so I waited and do nothing and we will see if we get our paint on not. wish some people would get a job. then they would not have time for this

Mr. Renstrom
My name is Ed and Im contacting you in regards to your online order at
Hirsch Auto. While I was processing your order The credit card did not
go through due to lack of information. If you can contact me at your
earliest convenience I would greatly appreciate it.
Ed

right be right on it pal.

I sure hope the reply you send starts wit F, ends with K, has 2 letters in between and has a You! behind it.

Lousy rats anyway!!!!! Makes my blood boil!!!!

Yeah I'd avoid that, but I have encountered people who conduct business in a non-standard way. Needless to say never give payment info over the phone or email. If anything I might consider getting a number off their main site and calling, mentioning the email. If they do say theres an issue ask them to send you an invoice, rather than give your info to someone.

I work in IT and Info Security, and while for many this is a no-brainer, its unfathomable how many people would reply with their credit card number.

we have to agree. revived another on today from them. my guess is it is a legit as my order did not go threw according to my account. so I will call tomorrow and talk to a live man/woman.

Mr. Renstrom,
This is Ed from Hirsch Auto..I've been trying to reach since last week
in regards to you online order at Hirschauto.com.
When I tried to process your order the credit card did not go through.
If you could please contact us before the end of the work day I can
complete the order, other wise I will have to return the items back to
stock.
Ed

Glad it was a legitimate request after all. Far too many of them are just plain and simple attempts to prey on the gullibility/stupidity of folks who SHOULD know better!!!!

Simple solution I think and I welcome experts telling me a better way. I have a free account at a local bank with a debit card. I keep a very low balance in the account and add money from another account at the same bank when paying for anything as Ed describes. I do this with the computer so no bank trips involved. Works and nothing in account for the thieves to steal. Bank assures me account is insured for fraud anyway. This is a small local bank. My wife has account with Wells Fargo amazes me how many times a month the phishers try for account info from her, phone calls and emails "you need to verify your account" etc.

...... This is a small local bank. My wife has account with Wells Fargo amazes me how many times a month the phishers try for account info from her, phone calls and emails "you need to verify your account" etc.

Today, that is part of the landscape that you have to learn to navigate. I get call, and emails asking for everything from my account numbers to people on this website that forget their user name or their password. I quickly learned to tell which ones were truly legitimate requests, and which ones were just phishing.
For those that forget their password, in the future, I will assign you the password "password". Now, everyone that wants to go to the effort, can try "password" one all their friends accounts...:blahblah: Happy phishing...

one more lesson remember to go to the site and check. go direct not threw any link sent. like Peter I have a low balance card I use on line if it get latched one to I don't have to redo everything in my life just to change it. these products are ore of the best I have .my not going to there site and checking just delayed me getting it by a week.

as do we all but sometimes you just can't. the point here is we have developed a society today that has us so afraid to be people that we can't even answer a e-mail? time to step back. understand there are no goods out there that will suck you dry. most of them are friends not strangers just like in 1950.:thumbsup:

Back