Very Cool Chicago Ambulance Blotter

Yes, there are a bunch of Canadian blotters on eBay right now. They must have been more common up your way.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what's a blotter? I've never heard of one, but it definitely does look cool.

Remember your too young,but on the teachers desk on the top was where they put their pencil holder and their little desk calendar,protected the desk from ink spills.And yes where us little suckups would put the apple hoping she/he would believe the dog ate the homework.

Last edited:
Remember your too young,but on the teachers desk on the top was where they put their pencil holder and their little desk calendar,protected the desk from ink spills.

I had a feeling this might be like the time I had to ask Larry Wilson what Geritol was. Thanks for the info. I tried Googling to figure out what a blotter was and my best luck was a Wikipedia page that said a blotter could be a rolling thing that could be pressed on a piece of paper or something that sits on a desk. I couldn't figure out what it did sitting on a desk though. Thanks for the explanation.

Chicago red/green lights

Sorry. Forgot the photo. Had to have it!

Looks like red and green bumper lights along with the Mars figure 8 roof light imitating CFD practice. I've never seen red and green lights on a private ambulance in Chicago...I learn something new every day.:)

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what's a blotter? I've never heard of one, but it definitely does look cool.
Also, it's my understanding that older ink pens (fountain pens) would leak or put a big blob of ink on the tip if you paused or squirted a bit too much. You could dab the end of the pen on the blotter to absorb that ink blob, rather than leaving a blob of ink -or an ink smear from your hand - on your nicely-written document.

But I've never used an old fountain pen, so this is just going on what I've heard.....

Those quail pens did the same thing. Bloggers were something that was changed a lot.
So they made a good give away

How many of you had a hole in the top corner of your desk?

Anyone remember the ink bottles that we all got for our desk? There was a cut out to drop the bottle into. This was in the 50's. I think this was done in 4th grade figuring anyone younger would probably get hurt. I was told they used to leave the ink there year-round but boys were taking the long hair of the girl sitting in front and dip it in the ink.
Haaaaa

Embalming Fluid Ink Blotter

Just picked up this embalming fluid ink blotter today along with another 10 vault company ink blotters. All are WW2 vintage. Just thought you might enjoy.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 66
Back