Just a teaser....

For those of you who would like to head to Stone Mountain, GA in October for the Volunteer Chapter meet, this is scheduled with the curators for a Saturday (Oct. 23rd) afternoon tour....

www.thecofercollection.com

As we finish details, we'll post a formal announcement.

:071:

The chassis of J-542, serial number 2567, was shipped to Paris where it was fitted with the convertible victoria coachwork by Fernandez et Darrin. This was a very late production chassis. Incidentally, Duesenberg never used the "SJ" nomenclature. This term was a creation of hobbyists. There is even some doubt that Duesenberg used the "J" monicker. Try to find a copy of the "Illustrated Duesenberg Buyer's Guide" by Josh Malks. A fascinating little book with loads of D. info. My copy is in tatters from endless re-readings. There were lots of D. limos, but ASFAIK there were no coaches. In the late 1940's D's could be picked up for a few hundred bucks, as not many people wanted such an antiquated, temperamental gas hog. How times and tastes change.............

Speaking of Duesenbergs, would there be any interest on here in a little more info about them, with emphasis on the Pro Cars? I would be glad to write a little bit about the limos and long sedans, all of which, of course, wore coach-built bodies, if there is interest in same.

Speaking of Duesenbergs, would there be any interest on here in a little more info about them, with emphasis on the Pro Cars? I would be glad to write a little bit about the limos and long sedans, all of which, of course, wore coach-built bodies, if there is interest in same.

Why not write the article and send it to Brady Smith for inclusion in an upcoming issue of The Professional Car? It will reach more people that way, and will be a great item for the PCS members.

Back