What happened?

Years ago I used to come here and people were able to use a nick name instead of their given names from birth. A few days ago I tried logging on using my nick name and I was not able to so I "Contacted the administrator" as the board suggested and did not hear back from anyone. yesterday I signed up with a user name that I chose and when I received the email confirming my registration the user name is my birth name. When did all this change?

It's been this way ever since I started "lurking" here a couple years ago. This is actually the only forum that I hang out on that requires the use of your real name. I kinda like it that way, seems to keep the trouble to a minimum. People can get all nine kinds of brave (read stupid) when hiding behind a nickname, not so much when it's your real name. JMHO.

BTW... welcome aboard!

Ive been on the PCS MEssage Board - Forums since 2003 and its been this way since at least then. It keeps things civil and people actually get to know each other & develop REAL friendships.

Well back in 1993 or so I don't ever recall using my real name here. I used my company name and people knew me more for that than my real name. Well back in 1993 or so I don't ever recall using my real name here. I used my company name and people knew me more for that than my real name. But then again I looked for a few people that were part of this board back then and I see they are no longer here by real name or nickname, well one is but he hasn't posted any messages and it shows he has been a member only since 2010 but I know for a fact that he was a member way before then so their might have been some changes in the software system to cause everyone to have to rejoin.

you are right there john there was a change or two in the software system a few years back. it not the same address or web site you were on in 93. will come to think of it it may be the same address. I think we went back to the old one when the othere sit got hijacked. so welcome I only know you as John .

Back