Late '40s Flxible Buicks

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024
From the Gene Knisley estate. If anyone is interested, let me know and I will give you a contact name and number. I am only trying to assist in seeing that these cars are saved and restored.

Attachments

• IMG_0446.jpg
    IMG_0446.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_0447.jpg
    IMG_0447.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 343
I fear the worst for these 2 coaches. These were bought by a scrapper on the auction and probably would have been scrapped by now, if scrap prices were higher. If anyone knows of anyone possibly interested, please let me know. The coaches are now in the Osawatomie, KS area. Despite being major projects, they have amazingly rust-free bodies! The black coach has all of the floor rollers for side loading, and the white coach was a combo converted to an ambulance. I believe that everything is there for both coaches.

Kurt - if you could get photos of the Flxible serial plates for these cars we could find out their histories - what they were, where they went, etc. Could be interesting.

Keith,
Here is what you were able to find on the white combo that was converted to an ambulance:

"Thanks for posting this, Kurt. Interesting car. But, it isn't and never was an ambulance. The patterns on the rear compartment windows are not Flxible and were probably added sometime later in the cars life-span. This is an FB23-748 - a 1948 Flxible-Buick combination car. It was Flxible's body number 15998 which was delivered to the Dunsford Funeral Home in Dodge City, Kansas on July 15, 1948. The motor, body and frame numbers all match what Tom McPherson found for this car in the Flxible Production and Delivery Record book. Now, I am wondering about the car sitting next to this one. Another Flxible but, it would be nice to see more of it and to get the numbers from that as well."

Back