1960 Cadillac Superior Hearse

1960 Superior $7,000

Hello friends,

I am a humble, non-expert who loves the look of a beautifully crafted professional automobile. I am often in the position of having no idea of the value of a vehicle or vehicle part. I rely on the few experts, that I have met/contacted over the past couple of years, to inform me. That said, the price of this once beautiful coach seems obscenely high. Am I wrong? I understand the concept of, "something is worth what someone will pay", or "value is in the eye of the beholder"; even given those considerations, it seems that the asking price is excessive.
Since I am posting, I would like to thank the few of you (you know who you are) who have given me your time and patience over the phone. I consider your advice and knowledge a valuable commodity, and I am grateful that you were willing to share what you know with me. I hope to one day return the favor.

Thank you for any replies to my inquiry,

C.Spencer

My favorite part:
BILL OF SALE ONLY title was misplaced by the previous owner

A 7k basket case with no legal proof of ownership? Just a bill of sale?

Sorry, doesn't pass the smell test IMO. Why doesn't the previous owner file for a lost title? Too many ways this can go south even if the price was right.

Actually if everything is there in terms of parts as described I think its a very decent price. It's all taken apart and ready to be put back together as the restoration work is completed on each section.

The hardest part of this project I would think is knowing where and how it all goes back together in terms of all the small parts, but I'm sure the fun of this project is in that task alone.

there really aren't too many of these old 60 model Cadillac's out there much less so ready to have a restoration completed.

that being said the easiest thing to spend is some on elses money. if you wanted the car that particular one there is none to high. if you looking for a old car around those years kind of like that one but together it's vary high. you can if your willing to scout out, let you wishes be known, buy one under this amount you can drive home.

the problem with one someone else took apart is only they know what is missing or broken during disassembly. the longer it sits before putting it back together the more fuzzy the memory is. you take this one into a shop and say fix. it will cost you twice what it would if it was all together. so it's only if you want this year, make and model is it worth picking up. then only after you have checked everywhere for one together.

I hope it ends up in a good home. I would like to see it at least partially restored and garaged. It has good bones. Definitely has potential. <-- I am pretty sure that is what my 5th grade teacher said about me; I wonder if she was being sarcastic.... :)

C.Spencer

Back