CW Coach Spring Grove Meet October 10 - 11

LeeAnn Cunningham

PCS Member
Carl Woerner asked me to post this information. He would like for us to give him suggestions as to what we'd like to do during this weekend. The plan is meeting at CW Coach Saturday (October 10th) at 12:00 p.m. The cruise in at Spring Grove is Sunday (October 11th). Registration begins at 2:00, the cruise in is from 3:00 - 7:00. Carl can be reached at 513-821-0000 (CW Coach's number). Please call Carl with your ideas, or you can post them here, as soon as possible. Once everything is arranged, more will follow, hotel info, etc. Thanks!

Oct 10 and 11

Oct 10 is the last day of the Hershey, Pa Antique Automobile Club of America show and swap meet. I will try to be back in Ohio in time to make it to the Spring Grove Cemetery for the car show on Sunday.
Idea(s)
We could all get one more coach to take home. This would help Carl control the inventory. Ok, maybe just some of us would like to take home something from the lot. How about a parking lot circle under the fly tents with hot dogs or burgers. We could tell stories and swap how to/repair info much like we do at most PCS get togethers. Just have a relaxing time with friends and be surrounded by procars at the same time.
Yeah, I know there will probably have to be some shopping time in there somewhere. It seems we all need something for whatever we drive or have at home.
Mike

I have been down to Carl's a couple of times now and it is always a good time, but I have to ask... what is Spring Grove? I know that it has been a couple of years that I have been able to attend (Last time that I was there, Jeremy tried to take home my 1973 Country Squire. He didn't realize that it was not one of Carl's for sale cars.), but I am unfamiliar with that cruise/show. From Mike's post, it sounds like a cemetary cruise. I need to check the calendar for that weekend, but I would like to attend.

in a cemetery?

Charles,
That was my first time thought...a car show in a cemetery? Who is pulling my leg here? I went, I saw, I had a great time. The show always has a few surprises as the cars go. When is the last time you saw a Corvair limo? The gounds are beautiful.
You will have a good time if you go.
Mike

Charles,
That was my first time thought...a car show in a cemetery? Who is pulling my leg here? I went, I saw, I had a great time. The show always has a few surprises as the cars go. When is the last time you saw a Corvair limo? The grounds are beautiful.
You will have a good time if you go.
Mike

About 10 or 12 years ago when it made its debut at the CORSA National Show...... What is more interesting than the car, is the story behind its creation. It took 2 or 3 different shops to finally finish the car after the owner commissioned its creation. If it were not for his tenacity to complete the project, it probably would have been one of those cars that was started, but never completed. :thumbsup:

Hotel info:

Red Roof Inn, 2301 Sharon Road, Sharonville OH 45241 (513) 771-5552

I just checked room rates online and they run from $49.99 - $54.99 per night.
With this low of a rate, there probably wouldn't be any need to block off any rooms. If anyone has AAA, AARP, etc. you may be able to get a discount, although these rates are really low.

Link doesn't work...

Ooops, sorry. Thanks for the alert. It worked the first time I posted it, don't know what happened, guess they changed it. Click on it anyyway, and you will be directed to www.springgrove.org. Then click on "Current Events", October 11th.

Direct link: http://www.springgrove.org/SG/Calendar/EventCalendar/carshow.shtm

You may register your vehicle online. There are no entry fees. Somewhere on the last 4 lines make notice you are with the Professional Car Society. Last year they had a place for us at the front of the funeral home, hopefully they do that again this year.

registered

Ok, LeeAnn, I am registered. Now if I only get home from the Hershey, Pa meet in time. I hate that I will miss a trip to CW.
Mike

move

How many procars usually attend the cruise event on Sunday? Are the procar owners usually willing to move/pose their cars for proper photography, or is the display static? I plan to be in Decatur, IL the previous day; if there's enough of a photo opportunity, I might just drive to OH for the event.

Updated Info

We will be meeting at CW Coach Saturday Oct 10th at 12:00. The address for CW is 7707 Vine Street Cincinnati OH 45216. From there we will hop in the limos and go to Ci Ci's Pizza for lunch. $5.00 all you can eat pizza and salad. After we eat, and not necessarily in this order, we'll head back to CW Coach for a 'shopping spree' at CW. Carl has cleared a pathway for everyone upstairs so we can get around! Other adventures planned is visiting the site of the old S & S plant where the first PCS International Meet was held and if it works out we will go see the former Doctor's office building that Carl bought and is in the process of renovating into a funeral home. That night we will have a cookout at CW. Food furnished by the Volunteer Chapter and Indiana Chapter (Larry, may not know this yet, but the Volunteer Chapter volunteered for him!).

Sunday, we will meet at the Red Roof Inn, 2301 Sharonville Rd, Cincinnati OH 45241, where some of us are staying and head to the Spaghetti Factory for lunch. Afterwards, we will be going to Spring Grove for the car show and cruise in. Again, if you get a chance please register your procar online at the Spring Grove site mentioned in this thread. The plan is to park us up front and they would like an idea as to how many procars will be present.

There are links to both Spring Grove and Red Roof in this thread. If anyone has any questions, feel free to call. Jeremy Ledford 615-604-8725, Carl Woerner, 513-821-0000, LeeAnn Boston 615-969-2880.

Please e-mail me at leeannboston@bellsouth.net, so we will have an idea how many procars and how much food to buy.

Thanks! See 'ya there.

How many procars usually attend the cruise event on Sunday? Are the procar owners usually willing to move/pose their cars for proper photography, or is the display static? I plan to be in Decatur, IL the previous day; if there's enough of a photo opportunity, I might just drive to OH for the event.

Steve, the cemetery is gorgeous and there are plenty of great locations for pictures. Last year was my first Spring Grove Meet, but off the top of my head, I'd say there were 10 - 12. If anyone else has a more accurate count, please post. Last year at the end of the show, we lined up and drove through the cemetery. Some were stopping for pictures.

Sorry for the slow reply. I've been out of town and just saw your question.

Hotel info:

Red Roof Inn, 2301 Sharon Road, Sharonville OH 45241 (513) 771-5552

I just checked room rates online and they run from $49.99 - $54.99 per night.
With this low of a rate, there probably wouldn't be any need to block off any rooms. If anyone has AAA, AARP, etc. you may be able to get a discount, although these rates are really low.

I just booked my room over the Internet. The rates are $34.99 - $38.49 now. I splurged and got a King for $38.49.

It's no frills, but it's ok. Free Wi-Fi. Just be sure your A/C works before you unpack. Last year, ours didn't and we had to move to another room! Other than that it was ok.

Back