half trimmed out

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
we got up to this point with Jim's 66. so out we go to flip it around. case of beer after, if some one will drop in and help get this thing back together. they uses a lot of trim on a superior. a whole lot.

Attachments

• IMG_3534 lookes good here.jpg
    IMG_3534 lookes good here.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 186
Man Ed, that puppy is looking mighty fine! Looks like some very impressive restoration work to me. What I would give to have that kind of talent and ability.

Progress

She is sure looking nice. It really starts to pop with some trim on it, to start to break up all the miles of black.:specool:

most definitely a difference in one side to the other. there is a lot of trim on a superior. I'm pleased with the paint on the top. it's a little tricky to get on but a few more and we will have it down.

Attachments

• IMG_3536 this side really lookes plain now..jpg
    IMG_3536 this side really lookes plain now..jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 141
your looking at good old DuPont 99 a with the 793 hardener. it's about as forgiving and simple a paint as they have ever put out. I'm getting to old to learn any new systems. get it sprayed then nip it off and buff it back it will look just like buffed lacquer. you can make a lot of mistakes and still come out. the only thing wrong is it's to brittle and if you get a hit hard enough to chip you get a big chip. but touch up is easy and you can blend it well. it's a lot cheaper to redo if you have to and lasts a long time. don't even think of spraying it in calf you'll be arrested before you get one side done. if it was the top you asking about Dan found the wrinkle paint on the Maserati web site. it there restore engine paint. they only have two colors the black and a red If I remember right. 50 bucks a quart. spray it right out of the car. and hope you get it a even thickness. as the wrinkles form differently at different thicknesses. I'm still experimenting with it. but this one came out better then the 73. the 73 has adged nicly into a vary even shine.

Thanks i was curious what you used on the roof, I have seen some of the Wrinkle paint sprayed, its wild to see that stuff when it starts to wrinkle. I have had paint like that when i have not wanted it too. Im sure you have been there.:poster_oops:

Thanks i was curious what you used on the roof, I have seen some of the Wrinkle paint sprayed, its wild to see that stuff when it starts to wrinkle. I have had paint like that when i have not wanted it too. Im sure you have been there.:poster_oops:
I know the feeling, the last car I painted did that. When I sprade it it was looking great, walked out in the shop the next morning to start untaping, and orange peel from hell. I think it was a combination of cold wether and to much hardener. luckaly its a buddies car, and its just gonna see a trailer and a drag strip anyway. Hes happy with it, but we both agree that when the wether warms up a little its comming back for a scuff and a reshute. Ed, that thing is looking better and better by the day.

Josh

Back