1986 Cadillac FWD Superior Hearse

The high windshield and low front just does not make it with me then in the back its again low. Just not pleasing to me personally fine if you like the design. In my eyes your white one is a beauty. But thats why they have so many flavors of Ice Cream keeps everyone happy.

The high windshield and low front just does not make it with me then in the back its again low. Just not pleasing to me personally fine if you like the design. In my eyes your white one is a beauty. But thats why they have so many flavors of Ice Cream keeps everyone happy.

You may have drank from the white one, a 82 Eureka Concours, it was driven to the junkyard several years ago and crushed. It was my winter coach and was getting pretty rusty. I agree, there is a lot of people that did not like the small FWD design (1985-1993), so you are not alone. I prefer it over the higher roof line you could get in 86-93, I think those don't look as good on the small chassis (but not enough that I wouldn't own one).
I just don't get the mini van compare.

I guess the mini van comes from the front view the windshield is high (very high) then you have the header panel and grill very low take a front view of some mini vans then the hearse looks like they raised the windshield even higher. I have also been told I have a bizarre way of looking at things so perhaps its a personal view. Take a look at the Escalade Hearse on ebay now there are those who would feel its awful personally I like it compared to some of the other current offerings. Then again I think my 96 Masterpiece is the sharpest hearse in recent times granted not that recent but again my opinion.

i would be interested to test drive one of the smaller FWD coaches. seems like they would be a lot more practical for driving around town in urban environments.

I guess the mini van comes from the front view the windshield is high (very high) then you have the header panel and grill very low take a front view of some mini vans then the hearse looks like they raised the windshield even higher. I have also been told I have a bizarre way of looking at things so perhaps its a personal view. Take a look at the Escalade Hearse on ebay now there are those who would feel its awful personally I like it compared to some of the other current offerings. Then again I think my 96 Masterpiece is the sharpest hearse in recent times granted not that recent but again my opinion.

The windshield don't look as tall in person as the pictures make it out to be. The whole car barely comes in at 5 feet overall height. To me the Masterpieces look to tall and makes the car look shorter overall. Don't get me wrong, they are sharp and I would love to have one, but would take the low roof Victoria first (low top makes the car look longer). I don't mind the Escalade, but I like the Suburban hearses so that helps. Here is a picture of me beside it to get an idea of size, and Im short only 5'5".

Attachments

• Bills funeral 1.jpg
    Bills funeral 1.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 97
That's a VERY nice pic of you and the hearse.

I've never seen the 2 models side by side like that. Wow, what a size difference.

Last edited:
Yes here we have the opinion difference again. My wife who likes the Masterpiece thinks it looks "long and very dignified" and just the opposite of you I am 6' 3" so I need the head and inside room. As far a the size goes it did fine on its NYC trip for the film shoot slid through traffic like a Crown Vic cab. Nice shot of you next to the FWD it looks better in the side view.

That's a VERY nice pic of you and the hearse.

I've never seen the 2 models side by side like that. Wow, what a size difference.

If you think that's a size difference you should see it between two hearses before they were downsized in 1977. It looks even smaller yet next to my 49 S&S but I cant seem to find a good shot of those two together.
misc shows 34.jpg

One more really good one that shows how small these are, (or course all but the 49 are after the downsized 77s so imagine next to a big coach).
misc 17.jpg

they both clean up well. the 86 6 door on this chassis is a joy to drive down town. were the full size 92 keeps you guessing in heavy traffic. just the reverse on the open road.

Back