Ferndale Emergency Show

I've been waiting for someone to post this but no one has so I'll do it. Check the lights out on that Caddy and Russ, "Get off the phone and pay attention". Russ, did you know you have a piece of chrome missing? Nice to see Dave Maple is still kicking. Pictures by Andrew Z. Thanks Andrew for sharing.

Seeing that red Caddy with "SUPERIOR" on the side reminds me of the days watching Brady and his ambulance company flying through Flint snagging calls. Glorious days they were!

RusssLifeliner2.jpg

RusssLifeliner.jpg

OldsAmbulance.jpg

DaveMaple.jpg

ChevyHearse.jpg

CaddyAmbulance.jpg

Hey Russ, did you ever think about getting real tunnel lights? Your rig looks AWESOME Russ!!! :smiley_w_ballbat:

Let's paint that thing YELLOW, put a "Q" on the roof and tag it as ZELLEY on the doors. You already have those funny lights on the side which as it happens, are period correct. Yeah that's it, let's do that!!

Lo20Res20Groves20and20Co_.jpg

Hey Russ, did you ever think about getting real tunnel lights? Your rig looks AWESOME Russ!!! :smiley_w_ballbat:

Let's paint that thing YELLOW, put a "Q" on the roof and tag it as ZELLEY on the doors. You already have those funny lights on the side which as it happens, are period correct. Yeah that's it, let's do that!!
Thanks Richard.
Lo20Res20Groves20and20Co_.jpg
Super Chief will be Installed soon.
Send ME The $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ LOL

Don McIntosh of American Ambulance wanted me to Paint my Lifeliner Black/White. I said Don You have to talk to The Boss.

Russ

Ferndale Emergency Vehicle Show

I was the coordinator for the 2010 Ferndale Emergency Vehicle Show and the winner for the best ambulance on display went to the Superior Ambulance Service for their 1967 Caddy.

Just as a side note the winner of the best fire apparatus on display went to the Detroit Firemans Association for a restored 1937 Seagrave Safety Sedan that at one time was in service with the Detroit Fire Department and now is used as a memorial rig for any firefighter killed in the line of duty.

Can't forget the police cars that were also on display. The winner of that was George Patak who restored a 1963 Plymouth station wagon as a Detroit "scout car." Before EMS came around in 1972, the only three ways to get to the hospital in Detroit was by car, private ambulance or call the police departemnt and get transported in the back of a wagon.

Back