what this?

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
not begin the expert on these cars, you get a new one in and you get to learn about it. was this filler panel standard on a crown or something some one has added? it's cut for the car and has all the over cuts and things that make it look superior. but I have never seen one before. it slid in under the sill plate and was screwed there. a perfect trap for mud and water to slid in under it. jamming up the last two set of rollers

we got the rollers free up and all the latches to work so now we can make it a ambulance. found all the screws to put them back together under the floor with a magnet. used a little lick tight on them this time. then sealed up the rear end as all the sealer had dried out.

funny how zipping things over the buffer will make them look so much better.

Attachments

• IMG_0633.jpg
    IMG_0633.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0718.jpg
    IMG_0718.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0719.jpg
    IMG_0719.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 188
Plate

not begin the expert on these cars, you get a new one in and you get to learn about it. was this filler panel standard on a crown or something some one has added? it's cut for the car and has all the over cuts and things that make it look superior. but I have never seen one before. it slid in under the sill plate and was screwed there. a perfect trap for mud and water to slid in under it. jamming up the last two set of rollers

we got the rollers free up and all the latches to work so now we can make it a ambulance. found all the screws to put them back together under the floor with a magnet. used a little lick tight on them this time. then sealed up the rear end as all the sealer had dried out.

funny how zipping things over the buffer will make them look so much better.

My 65 has same filler plate. It is a Crown also. This last pic is of a friends 70 , I have only seen it a few other times. A cover flips down in the back and has a extra set of rollers in it.

Attachments

• DSC03959.jpg
    DSC03959.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC03958.jpg
    DSC03958.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC04522.jpg
    DSC04522.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Back