What a little bit of old dirt can do!

Clyde Swenson

PCS Member
Took the 67 Cadillac Superior Ambulance out for a drive yesterday in hopes of going to an old-fashioned ice cream social with several other classic cars and a classic fire engine! But a bit of old California Speedway/ Kasier dirt that remained in the fuel system brought us to an early stop. After a ride back to town on the flatbed tow the garage was able to clean things out quickly and get her back up on her feet this morning. So will give things a whirl again for the parade and car show in Lake Lillian, MN on the first Saturday in August. The tow man had no trouble winching her on the truck and I was impressed how easy he made it look! I expected the length and weight of the car to make it a bigger challenge. Anyway, much easier than a rope / chain pull for the five miles back to town! The mechanic remembered learning his trade on these old cars and seemed quite happy to have a look and I bet he even had a bit of fun giving her a test drive this morning! Should have shown him the power switch to turn on the siren! Now if we can just get a bit of cooler weather I bet things would work even better and be a bit more comfortable when there is no air and all that glass!

I'm doing the same thing today, Its almost 100 degrees out here today in Ontario and I'm going to jump in my 87 Eureka and go for a spin.

Back