Another Award

I attended the Westminster (MD) fire muster over the weekend. It's a fire truck show sponsored by the local SPAAMFAA chapter, but they allow ambulances, too.

I spent part of the day Friday cleaning our '64 Superior Pontiac, to get it ready for the muster. I had to get it done before the rain, and I did (which was good because we had 2 tornados touch down within a mile of my house and more than 4" of rain that afternoon).

Saturday morning, I went to start the Pontiac and only heard "click". Wouldn't start. It ran fine Friday, though I had it out a week before and it gave me a little trouble then, too.

So I did what any self-respecting guy with 10 ambulances would do, I jumped into another ambulance, the '60 Flxible Buick. Since I hadn't washed it or anything, and it hasn't been out yet since last year, I was a little wary, but I figured at least I'd attend with something. I put the car wash bucket in the car, and when I got there, I cleaned the windows and a few dirty spots with Windex.

It was a beautiful day Saturday after the storms Friday. Pete Menedis also brought his '48 Barnette Chevy ambulance. And even with minimal cleaning, I won Best Appearing, 1956-1970. :clap: Pete also won a Judges Award.

Dad was not able to attend as he remains in the nursing home, but I brought the plaque by afterwards to show him and he was pleased.

Attachments

• 20120602110829.jpg
    20120602110829.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 264
  • 20120602111002.jpg
    20120602111002.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 258
congrats on your award

great to hear you got an award,and more exposure for the PCS! had been meaning to ask you how dad was doing.please extend my very best wishes to him,he is a great guy!

Steve

I think you wix your mords a little there bro !

Wayne

Sorry brother and fellow Ontario Canada resident.....

That is MY future ambulance !!!!!!!!!

I have LOVED it ever since first seeing it at the '94 PCS meet in Pittsburgh PA !!!!!

Have a groove day guys,
Darren

Back